I Just Watched (Films)

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Wrathbone

Re: I Just Watched (Films)

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:54 am

Netflix's auto-trailer shite is infuriating. I have to mute the TV while I'm browsing now because I can't hear myself think with it blaring out crap about stuff I'm never going to watch (or worse, spoiling stuff I do want to watch).

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 am

It's fine on my 4k monitor on the pc as there's a button to mute the trailers...but yeah, on a TV. Sod off!
-- To be completed at some point --

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Glad it's not just me that hates that.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Spiderman FFH
That was shit. Worst marvel film in ages. Bored senseless.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

Wrathbone

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Alan wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:49 pm
Spiderman FFH
That was shit. Worst marvel film in ages. Bored senseless.
I've not bothered to go see it yet, which is strange considering how much of a self-confessed MCU fanboy I am and how much I enjoyed Homecoming. It's too soon after Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm

I hope you get something out of it but for me its almost like they took the plot of Homecoming, reran it with a really dumb bad guy. Oh and they make Peter an absolute idiot.

Annabelle Comes Home.
It's exactly what you think it is and exactly what you think happens happens. Theres not been an original idea in these movies since Insidious 1.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 pm

I just watched the 2018 film Robin Hood, starring Jamie Foxx, Taron Egerton and Ben Mendelsohn.

This is very similar in style to King Arthur: The Legend of the Sword, which I watched a couple of weeks ago. That is, it takes a classic piece of British folklore and dials it up to 11 into an epic, over-the-top action adventure. It doesn't pretend to be historically accurate (it isn't in any way), but delivers on high-octane fun. Despite widely negative reviews, I really enjoyed it.

I also tried to watch Robin Hood: The Rebellion (unrelated to the Jamie Foxx film) on Netflix, but it was so awful I gave up after less than ten minutes.
I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.