Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:01 am

Yeah, really hoping Netflix adds the other seasons of Ash soon.

I'm still mainly working my way through Always Sunny, which I've become mildly obsessed with. So good.

Afterwards I've got my eye on Umbrella Academy, which is supposed to be good. Anyone watching that?

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am

Just watched After life (Ricky Gervais) last night. Well, this morning actually by the time I'd finished. I loved it :)
Stroppy widower trying to come to terms with life alone. Funnier than it sounds with some lovely touching moments.
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:45 am

Yeah, clocked that last night, the trailer looks great :)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:55 am

So... did anyone else see the Michael Jackson documentary on C4 the other night?

I've watched the first half (it's long, two 90-minute episodes), will catch the other tonight or tomorrow probably.

I always tended on the side of 'yeah, he totally did it' when talking about the allegations down the years, but even in my family my parents have always maintained 'no, he's just a child emotionally and mentally, there's nothing in it'. But even I was shocked at the graphic detail the two men (then boys) went into, and the abuse certainly went even further than I'd thought.

Pretty shocking stuff. Have read a few op-ed pieces on the back of the documentary predicting this will be America's 'Savile moment'. It's been coming.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:55 am
So... did anyone else see the Michael Jackson documentary on C4 the other night?

I've watched the first half (it's long, two 90-minute episodes), will catch the other tonight or tomorrow probably.

I always tended on the side of 'yeah, he totally did it' when talking about the allegations down the years, but even in my family my parents have always maintained 'no, he's just a child emotionally and mentally, there's nothing in it'. But even I was shocked at the graphic detail the two men (then boys) went into, and the abuse certainly went even further than I'd thought.

Pretty shocking stuff. Have read a few op-ed pieces on the back of the documentary predicting this will be America's 'Savile moment'. It's been coming.
I always sided with the "Yeah, he did" (not seen the documentary) purely because you don't pay out $30m or however much it was unless reasons.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:44 pm
I always sided with the "Yeah, he did" (not seen the documentary) purely because you don't pay out $30m or however much it was unless reasons.
This. If he was innocent I would have thought he'd say "Fuck you, do your worst". I'd guess he paid to stop past offences being uncovered. The excuse that his lawyers said paying up would be cheaper than fighting it doesn't hold water, what price do you put on your reputation?
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm with you guys, but the willingness of people to believe in his innocence even now is almost as shocking as what he did. The two guys who were interviewed for the documentary are apparently receiving death threats, which is sickening.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm
I'm with you guys, but the willingness of people to believe in his innocence even now is almost as shocking as what he did. The two guys who were interviewed for the documentary are apparently receiving death threats, which is sickening.
I'm not that surprised, there are people who think the world is flat, the Earth is resplendent with all kinds of idiots nowadays.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm

the Earth is resplendent with all kinds of idiots nowadays.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:09 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm
I'm not that surprised, there are people who think the world is flat, the Earth is resplendent with all kinds of idiots nowadays.
I guess. It's just disappointing to see so many people's opinion being "I like his music, therefore he did nothing wrong".

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:56 pm

I almost keeled over with laughter at CGI young Alan Partridge being beaten last night, then followed by the correct guide to spanking children as hard as possible, ably demonstrated by Alan himself in slow motion. :lol:

This Time is a bit uneven in places, but there's loads of gems in this show.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 am

Rusty wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am
Just watched After life (Ricky Gervais) last night. Well, this morning actually by the time I'd finished. I loved it :)
Stroppy widower trying to come to terms with life alone. Funnier than it sounds with some lovely touching moments.
I watched the first episode and it felt like rather typical Gervais fare and that wore on me a long time ago. I might give the next episode a shot but I'm not that convinced so far.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:40 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 am
Rusty wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am
I watched the first episode and it felt like rather typical Gervais fare and that wore on me a long time ago. I might give the next episode a shot but I'm not that convinced so far.
FWIW the review in The Guardian said they found the first episode hard to get through but the series really picked up after that and they found the ending in particular quite affecting.

I've still not started watching it yet, though.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 pm

I guess that's promising.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 pm

We watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoyed them, looking forward to the rest.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn