General Film News

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother
Local

Re: General Film News

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am

https://www.joblo.com/star-wars-rey-movie-next-chapter/
With thousands of years and endless characters to play with they still keep coming back to the same old tired shit. I actually liked Rey's character and it's not Daisy Ridley's fault that she was so badly written in the films, you work with what your given. There is mention of a new film set 25,000 prior which could be interesting.

How about something completely different like the stormtroopers abandoned on Endor trying to survive while being hunted by Ewoks with a taste for human flesh or Cocaine Wookie.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:06 am

Or a comedy following the Emperor's PR team after various galactic events. "Alderaan's population crisis solved overnight!"

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:10 pm

That's the thing, though, isn't it? They could do practically anything, any story line, any character arc, any solar system - absolutely anything at all. It's been the same tired shit since after the original trilogy, in my opinion. I've hated practically anything SW since. "Rogue One" was a stellar movie, compared with the rest, but it's not even in my top twenty for my all-time great movie list. "The Mandalorian" is okay, but so many episodes just drag on or have pointless story arcs, silliness, etc. As a lifelong fan of the original - I saw it in Hawaii, my dad took us to a drive-in theater in Pearl City when it was first released - I have to say that so many opportunities have been squandered over the decades that I don't bother reading the news about SW anymore. I wait to read a few reviews after something comes out, if I happen across it. Sad indeed.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:19 pm

Yes,I admit I am possibly a bit too excited waiting for this.
*Please live up to the first film * [-o<
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:26 pm

So the Flash is coming to digital platforms a mere 30 DAYS after its initial theatrical release and is expected to lose something within the region of $200+ million for WB *some are stating up to $400 million total to even make a profit* which is just absurd. It's rumoured that it may have already been pulled from over one thousand theaters in total upon entering only its second week.

I won't blame its objectively colossal failure purely on the Ezra Miller debacle and directly join the well we tried to warn you crowd but holy shit that is far worse than anyone would have ever dreamed the movie would end up as. WB doubling down on a lead such as Ezra was always going to hit the movie in one way or another but we are talking less than half of what Black Adam even made which totally altered WB's original plans for their own universe and it too was also considered a bit of a disaster.
Grosses
DOMESTIC (43%)
$93,150,353
INTERNATIONAL (57%)
$123,300,000
WORLDWIDE
$216,450,353
Bloody norah. #-o
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:04 pm

The rather lovely Rebecca Ferguson explains her cool eyepatch in Mi Dead Reckoning: Part One...

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:52 pm

Do people like the flash as a character? It felt like they were expecting this to be a massive hit but it’s the flash! He’s so b-team. Poor man’s Witterquick.

Sheath these feet on the gliding gale make swift these legs over land I’ll sail.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:11 am

Talking of bombs, from what I've read the new Indy film needs $1bn box office to break even, maybe more depending on who you believe. Could be a monumental loss for Disney.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:22 am

I'm not sure why they imagined a new Indy film with an 80 year old Ford would be a roaring success. Kids aren't going to give a shit about it these days and adults remember how bad the last film was.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Also...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:22 pm

I always find it vaguely amusing when French historical figures are given English accents. Especially when they're also fighting the English. It looks good though. I know embarrassingly little about Napoleon, so it's one I'll look forward to.

And yay, yellow spandex. Only took them 23 years.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:09 pm

Watership Down finally gets a PG rating after 45 years of terrifying kids (and me!) with a U classification. It is the most complained about film in terms of rating in British cinema history.

;)

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://ww ... ting-bbfc/
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:01 pm

Never heard of this, looks very Neill Blomkamp. Made by the director of Rogue One.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:11 am

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:34 am

Fuck.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=