The Apprentice 2018

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Apprentice 2018

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:36 pm

TBF Kurran as PM is going to be must-watch telly! Rick has been singularly useless in every task so not too much a surprise he's gone.

Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am

Hopefully Kurran will go next week, he's fucking useless. Even worse than the Doctor Who lookalike.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 pm

I think that was the first episode I actually heard him pointing out a couple of things that were right.

Also:

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm

I like to see him "act". Seriously, I like to see if he has any talent
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

eny

Post by eny » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Jesus.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

eny

Post by eny » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:59 pm

The only good thing about that episode were those delicious hips in that green dress....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Should have binned the lot of them.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 pm

I'm surprised they didn't go one step further and re-enact a plane crash in their advert. With someone dressed as the Grim Reaper welcoming them aboard.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm

I think Kurran has survived worse failures, but my partner mentioned that the way he acts is just a mass of red flags indicating his attitude to women. He didn't seem capable of dealing with Khadija, and he certainly came off as condescending throughout. I will say that he has an ego that's thoroughly unwarranted; did he do anything useful across the entire competition?

Using "Highway to Hell" for a transport company didn't hit me as idiotic until the BA exec mentioned it, at which point I burst into laughter.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Raid wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm
I think Kurran has survived worse failures, but my partner mentioned that the way he acts is just a mass of red flags indicating his attitude to women. He didn't seem capable of dealing with Khadija, and he certainly came off as condescending throughout. I will say that he has an ego that's thoroughly unwarranted; did he do anything useful across the entire competition?

Using "Highway to Hell" for a transport company didn't hit me as idiotic until the BA exec mentioned it, at which point I burst into laughter.
See, I think that worked in as much as they started off by showing a bad (hellish) flight experience. Maybe where they went wrong was not using a contrasting soundtrack for the second half of the ad, although that may just have sounded shit.

And agreed on Kurran, all through that boardroom segment I sat here thinking 'this guy does not respect women, at all', and if it's obvious to me as a man then god knows what it was like for the women on his teams. Although the reaction at the end from the girls when they saw he didn't go back to the house perhaps speaks volumes there.

Overall though thought it was a very entertaining episode, glad he finally got his comeuppance.

And Pangea was a fucking shit name for an airline, as poor as their final choice was.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 am

watched it last night. From what was delivered I conclude that these bunch of morons must be the worst on record. Delivering a marketing campaign in less than 24 hours is next to impossible as intensive market research needs to be done to find out what works best but come on for fuck sake, teenagers can do better than this.

An airline with the word "pop", a corporate logo that has an explosion looking graphic on it, the song "highway to hell" and a air stewardess outfit that is wholly impractical in times of emergencies.

Is this just one big piss take on us now ?
Last edited by Achtung Englander on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 am

It makes you wonder what happens behind the cameras. Do the film crew ask them to do stupid things? "It'll make great tv".
The contestants can't be that unprofessional surely?

PLus, like you say, this sort of thing would take months to put together by people who do this day in day out. Not noobs in 24 hours.
BUt then that's par for the course for pretty much every challenge they face.

Make a ton of cakes and sell it. I don't know how to cook to start with. Surely the process would be best served by showing how they can contract the best people for the best price to make the things they need then sell them?
-- To be completed at some point --

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am

I'd like to see an episode where they give each team £100 and they can do whatever they want with it, and whichever team comes back with the most money at the end of the day wins. No rules at all. They could head down to Ladbrooks if they wanted.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 am

You're Fired was quite revealing. Did anyone else see it?

Kurran basically admitted he'd been arsing about and knew he didn't have a hope of winning it. Then when asked what his business plan was, he said he didn't have one ("I had a plan, but it wasn't a business"). Sounds to me like he just wanted the exposure to try and launch an acting or celebrity career, which is where he said his interest was all along.

I guess he was put on the show purely for entertainment reasons.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:23 am

in all honesty.....good on him. At least he is being honest about the whole charade