Star Wars The Rise Of Skywalker - the last film in the saga

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.

Raid

Re: Star Wars The Rise Of Skywalker - the last film in the saga

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Yeah, I'm expecting evil Rey to be a vision, similar to what Luke had on Dagobah.

The Imperial Star Destroyers follow a clip of presumably Resistance ships exiting hyperspace, but the Resistance-era T-70 X-Wings seem to be accompanied by Rebellion-era B-Wings and Y-Wings (though it's entirely possible they're minimally redesigned "new" versions), as well as a CR90 Corvette. I have a horrible feeling that the big battle is going to be happening in a dream sequence; it's a pretty strange looking Imperial fleet too.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Someone on my ex's FB page just said that "[The Last Jedi] was the greatest Star Wars movie ever but the fanboys hated it anyway, so the next one will just be dross to appease them."

Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Animalmother

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 am

Is it possible there will be a huge 3 way battle at the end?

Wrathbone

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 am

That's where I think it's going. The Resistance are about to be defeated again when the Empire turns up, and the Empire and the First Order end up destroying each other as evil is wont to do.

Palpatine is rumoured to have a substantial role in things, so my guess that while the armies have a big ruckus we'll have Rey and Kylo battling out for the living side of the Force, while ghost Luke and (maybe?) ghost Palpatine fight things out at their end. Maybe Luke will end up becoming the overall personification of the Force, hence the Rise of Skywalker.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:28 am

On that last bit Wrathy, my personal feeling is Rey will be the first to balance both Jedi and Sith into a neutral zone, hence 'Rise of Skywalker' - Skywalker being the title of Force Neutrals as it were.

Wrathbone

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 am

I like that - there was a sense in episode 8 of Luke trying to converge the force into neutral territory.