Does anyone play Disc Golf?

Running around and stuff.
Asherons

Does anyone play Disc Golf?

Post by Asherons » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm

I have been playing it for a few years, but this summer i have gotten into it quite a bit more, been watching tournaments, videos on proper techniques and such.

i got a course near me that is private and with the covid nonsense going on its only open to members, which i signed up as one for a year for 100$ but I been able to go play a great course and every time the place pretty much empty.

I got 3 discs which I am trying to get good with before i start buying more at the moment. the Birdie Putter, Atlas Mid range, and the TL3 Distance driver.

wondering if anyone else has had the chance to partake in

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Does anyone play Disc Golf?

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 pm

I've always quite fancied the look of it, but unfortunately if they started one up here the 'holes' would have to be in Norway because that's where the frisbies would end up, along with half the populations trampolines.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 pm
I've always quite fancied the look of it, but unfortunately if they started one up here the 'holes' would have to be in Norway because that's where the frisbies would end up, along with half the populations trampolines.
high winds im guessing lol,

The sport is really pretty fun, its chill and relaxing and just a all together good atmosphere when I play.

I dont play competitively or anything, which i'm sure is more stressful. but i still want to improve my game.

id highly recommend giving it a go if you have a course in the area.

on a side note, the site wasnt loading for a while after i made this first post , glad its back working

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:28 pm

My girlfriend's daughter bought the family a package deal to go and play this. I have no idea what it even is...
-- To be completed at some point --

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Rusty wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:28 pm
My girlfriend's daughter bought the family a package deal to go and play this. I have no idea what it even is...
just take "strokes" like in golf but instead throwing the disc towards a hole, it is replaced as a basket with chains draping down to help catch the disc.
its a pretty great sound when a disc strikes as well

It's popular around where I am and they set up courses in lots of parks with 9+ baskets. used to have an 18 hole course in my neighborhood park till i moved.

It gives a nice walk, good outside time, and it's fun for the whole family!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am

I like the idea of that. I throw a frisbee for my pooch while we are out so my throwing game is good :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 am

It was harder than I thought. It was probably the windiest day ever (that's my excuse anyway).
Spent a lot of time trying to find the frisbee as it went into the , fairly overgrown, rough.

I didn't hit par once.
-- To be completed at some point --