The Chinese Olympics 2022

Running around and stuff.
Achtung Englander

The Chinese Olympics 2022

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm

I for one will not be watching or take the slightest interest. I am saddened but not surprised by the fact athelets put personal ambition over morality. China slow genocide of the entire society of people who are not Hun is disgusting. China has demonstrated time and time again why they are an abominable country - from covering up and denying the Covid pandemic was not their fault, to treating their people like cattle to lying about their intentions of a 2 nation statehood when it came to Hong Kong.

A thoroughly disgusting country.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

eny

Re: The Chinese Olympics 2022

Post by eny » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:58 pm

Also the furore in regard to their female tennis player who 'disappeared' after her sexual allegation against a minister, then the rather contrived communications supposedly from her since.

China and Russia might just be involved in further escalation soon, Putin is already gaslighting his population ready for the evil 'UN attack'. I expect strong moves on the Ukraine soon, urged by his 'following' in the US who are desperate to get Biden involved and use that as leverage for the final ever elections if they get back in...The energies we've been a party to this last decade or so seem to be ripening into potential world war more than ever.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:52 pm

I have changed my mind about Ukraine. I do not think Russia will invade. The Russian people are not up for it, the war will cost a fortune and the Russian economy cannot really afford to spunk one up on an uncertain war given this time the Ukrainian army is expecting a war and they have been armed by the Yanks, so Russia will have to throw in the full weight of its armed forces to win. What is the end goal - annexation of Ukraine? If Russia's goal is to take over a country that do not want them, they can expect heavy guerilla warfare and it will be Afganistan for them all over again. It is most likely Russian will invade an annex the Russian speaking parts of Eastern Ukraine only, but even then the price will be heavy. Putin's ratings could tank.

So I don't think they will do it.

Even China's attack on Taiwain looks less likely as China would need to launch the biggest amphibian invasion since D Day with greater logistical nightmare given Taiwan is 100 miles from China. What will happen to Western investment in China or Chinese investment internationally if they invade? The Chinese will need to weigh the cost of annexing Taiwan aginst losing international revenue which has sustained Chinese economic growth for the last 30 years. If China economy begins to falter and enters a recession - its bigger crises is internal control. The Chinese economy is already in debt after years of surplus and the collapse of Evergrande throws a light that the Chinese economy is becoming a pack of cards like all the other Western economies.

I could be wrong, but I feel more at ease that most, if not all of this, is blustering to get political points across.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:14 pm

I'd like to think so too Achtung but the problem with both Xi and Putin is... They're nuts.

Plus I get the feeling Putins wanted to start a fight with the west for his whole life and might have just cottoned onto the fact he's getting on in years and needs to do something at least.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:15 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60106416

I changed my mind - it looks like there is going to be an invasion

Jesus - we only just are coming out of Covid, now the Russians want to start a European war. Fuck me - can we have a day off.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:03 am

It seems highly unlikely that an invasion will result in any lasting conflict, as Liz Truss (that intimidating bastion of foreign policy who has doubtless left Putin quaking in his boots) has said that the consequence would be sanctions, not an armed response. Putin will breeze through and annex Ukraine, we and the US will puff out our cheeks and harrumph for a while and then it’ll be done with.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:27 am

It could be game over for Nato, but Russia's problems will only just begun. Think Afganistan mixed with the Irish troubles. :twisted:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Russia caught possibly cheating at Winter Olympics again.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/60329120
In fairness to the girl she's only 15 and almost certainly had no say or even knowledge about it. Old habits die hard apparently.