Football

Running around and stuff.
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Football

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Couldn't really hear most of the physio stuff, not sure why they didn't subtitle it.

I don't think Coleman was out of his depth, the club was just a basket case with a squad full of mediocre players low on confidence and a fans base that must have made playing really tough at times. Not sure anyone could have dug them out of the situation they were in.

Oh and the keepers you had looked total bobbins. Again it's selective viewing but some of the goals they let in were shocking.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 pm
Oh and the keepers you had looked total bobbins. Again it's selective viewing but some of the goals they let in were shocking.
Had the same thought, although I think Steele has been fairly solid in the lower leagues for quite a while. Like any keeper you get exposed by your defence and can be made to look worse than you are... I think they really suffered from so much upheaval on the playing side, I doubt players could really gel or find the right rhythm playing together, and that's before the crushing feeling of despair from losing practically every match.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:01 pm
Looked up Josh Maja, seems to be banging them in regularly now in League One, looks like he could be a bit of a gem there
And on that note:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... h-13773533

Huge shame if they let this lad go for next to nothing.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Been away from the social media scene for a month or so doing exams etc. Managed to pass all my first stage accountancy exams and graduate from my Masters' yesterday though.

Re. Maja, he has attributes you'd want in a striker. He can score goals and is an excellent finisher. My issue with him is physically he doesn't offer much. He isn't strong, he isn't quick. Also, his work-rate isn't great.

The wider issue for us is that we have no obvious replacement. We signed Charlie Wyke from Bradford as he'd scored goals at the level and he's awful. We're trying to sign Will Grigg at the moment but it doesn't look too hopeful. We've been awful since Christmas really. Won't be bouncing back in our current form.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Congrats Tommy! :)

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Congrats Tommy! :)
Cheers mate. Got one more on Monday then, should that go well, I'm passed the first stage. Feel like far less of an imposter. :lol:

On another note, Chelsea were terrible this evening. Sarri claiming his players are extremely difficult to motivate. :shock:

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:12 pm

Tommy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm
Been away from the social media scene for a month or so doing exams etc. Managed to pass all my first stage accountancy exams and graduate from my Masters' yesterday though.

Re. Maja, he has attributes you'd want in a striker. He can score goals and is an excellent finisher. My issue with him is physically he doesn't offer much. He isn't strong, he isn't quick. Also, his work-rate isn't great.

The wider issue for us is that we have no obvious replacement. We signed Charlie Wyke from Bradford as he'd scored goals at the level and he's awful. We're trying to sign Will Grigg at the moment but it doesn't look too hopeful. We've been awful since Christmas really. Won't be bouncing back in our current form.
Nor did it look too hopeful until 20 mins from the end of the window.

Liverpool trying their best to throw the league away. Again.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 am

It's what we do best -_-

I'm not even going to comment on it for the rest of the season for fear of jinxing it, but suffice to say I basically spend 90 minutes every week shitting myself at the moment.

After which I watch the football :o

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:28 pm

It's just a blip, every club has them and Liverpool were due one, been on fire for most of the season. Still think City are going to win but I don't think the last few games are an example of Liverpool 'blowing it', that's just a narrative the media likes to play up. Nobody was saying City were blowing the league when they were losing games.

eny

Post by eny » Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 pm

What a cheeky, inspired corner! =D>
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 pm

I can't breathe!

eny

Post by eny » Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 pm

That was more than pretty awesome tbh, well fuckin' played! :D
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue May 07, 2019 9:17 pm

I think as comebacks go that may be even better than 2005... so proud of the team tonight. And the final is the day before I turn 40... what a present that would be!

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Tue May 07, 2019 9:21 pm

So I guess you're feeling mildly content right now?

Gotta be favourites for the final, even against a decent Ajax side.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue May 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Can't even think about that right now, still trying to wrap my head around the fact we've gone through... I'd basically written it off after the first leg!

We know all too well not to take anything for granted after last year, in fact the year before that as well when it was the Europe League final against Sevilla. If we play to our best we'll have a chance, and that's all I'll say about that!