Audiobook Recommendations

For your eyes and ears.
Mantis
Landlord

Audiobook Recommendations

Post by Mantis » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm

As an aside to the currently reading thread, do we have any Audible subscribers here? I've been amassing credits for a few months now and am consistently uninspired by the selection on offer, not aided by Amazon's/Audible's really poor interface which never seems to recommend anything I would actually like and only suggests the latest amateur rubbish.

So has anyone listened to anything recently they'd recommend?

Snowy
Local

Re: Audiobook Recommendations

Post by Snowy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 am

The Sherlock Holmes stories narrated by Stephen Fry are rather good, if you are a fan of them.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Re: Audiobook Recommendations

Post by Alan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:52 am

I tend just to abuse their "come back again and have another trial!" thing they send me every year.

I fairly enjoyed the two Fry books on Greek mythology though I did zone out a few times but thats more my issue any time I try and listen to an audiobook more than the content of that book. Enjoyed Dogs of War by Adrian Tchaikovsky which I listened to after reading it and I think it's better as an audiobook. Listened to one of the Bobiverse books by Dennis E Taylor which was good but just on the right side of the knife edge of being annoying but I could see it going either way depending on the listener.

This reminds me the new Bobiverse book just came out! :mrgreen:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.