Currently Reading

For your eyes and ears.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Reading

Post by Snowy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:50 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:05 am
Yeah, I read a Jay Kristoff series last year, Nevernight Chronicles I think, and enjoyed it a lot, so will check that out when I finished this current series :)
Yes he is a really good author, I also loved the Nevernight Chronicles. With the Vampire series he has really raised the bar though, such a fantastic story.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

ManBearSquid

Re: Currently Reading

Post by ManBearSquid » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:48 pm

Southern Reach Trilogy

I love the movie for Annihilation, and I saw that before reading any of the books. Having now read the novel, I thoroughly enjoyed it and absolutely rinsed it in a few sittings.

The movie now feels like its own story set within this universe, like it was one of the prior expeditions, rather than a re-telling of the novel. It's a tense and strange read that I was enthralled by throughout.

Now I'm somewhere beyond the halfway point of Authority which is a very different style and about double the size. It's a considerably slower read remaining full of introspection from its lead character and it retains intrigue through an entirely different lense. However, is it as gripping - or even as neat - as the first book? No. Thusly, I've taken this one much more slowly than its predecessor, but I've still been enjoying it.