General Gaming News

Steam, Deals & More.
Lenny Solidus

Re: General Gaming News

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:35 am

Anyone who knows me knows I was a long term member of the CC - I never missed a stream. Doc's birthday and my own are but two days apart and he was very much a sort of kindred spirit up there on the screen offering me endless amounts of entertainment with his passion for all things fps and industry involved matching my own.

Saying that, Guy had changed significantly over the past two years into a bitter excuse after excuse takes zero criticism bans CC members over fuck all type and became entirely wrapped up mentally in his own legend even his gaming ability had drastically declined but again he just had an excuse for everything and never owned anything - truly a shadow of his former self. I'm not surprised at all that so many over on r/DrDisrespectlive are standing by him because they cannot and will not separate the character from the man. The same community Doc knew he was lying to all those years with his "purple snakes" narrative, knowing what he had done. Fealty is a funny thing. His streams went from being unmissable to I'm struggling to watch and enjoy this very quickly, sure sometimes he would show perhaps the slightest glimmer of his old classic Doc persona but so many of his iconic segments he stopped doing completely, you could tell a mile off he was no longer enjoying the streaming experience like he once did. I get that you could say well that's in character ok yes, but he still always made streams fun at times was appreciate of the CC in general a little more chilled out and natural in his gaming ability, he was no longer any of those things - the persona had taken over completely and not in a good way.

I will say though that the complete 360 many others such as Act Man and especially Nickmercs underwent has been every bit as telling of who they really are. Nickmercs who is quite clearly quite the bigot who also as it happens just got banned from Twitch - no doubt pushing yet more of his anti bullshit even further.

To say I am disgusted by what has transpired as both a one time fan and a father with a teenage daughter of my own doesn't really cut it. The stupid fuck had it all man, but he just could not help himself on his continued road of infidelity and I feel so very sorry for both his wife, his daughter and anyone he actively pursued in the way he did.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:50 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Piranha Bytes (according to reports) are no more. End of an era if so...

https://www.eurogamer.net/embracer-owne ... tes-closes

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:26 pm

I don't often get angry about commercial decision making, but seriously, fuck the Embracer group. Last year they sold off Asmodee games whose studios produced both of the miniatures games (X-Wing and Star Wars Legion) I've played over the last few years, but not before saddling Asmodee with a €900million debt to finance the split. Suddenly X-Wing isn't profitable enough to help with the debit situation and so development has ended, and it's got the community worried about Legion. I don't understand how they can get away with shit like that.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:03 am

It kind of felt inevitable with Piranha Bytes for a while. The studio was limping along before Embracer bought them and Elex 2 bombed pretty badly. Whether they were in the embrace of Embracer or not I don't think they could ever afford one game to tank so would have probably closed regardless. Still it's a shame to see them go but the founders left last year and have formed a new studio called Pithead Studios and aim to continue making similar types of games, so that is something.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:54 am

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:50 pm

I saw that offer, thought "I haven't infected my new rig with Epic's shitty storefront", decided that was good enough so will pass up this *ahem* golden opportunity cheersmatethanksmatebye \:D/
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:08 pm

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:22 pm

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:37 pm

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:20 pm

Outside XBox did a preview of Indiana Jones and the Wheel of Fortune, attempting to explain what it actually is.

The tl;dr of which is that this isn't really a genre that they've forced the Indy license into - it's not a shooter, it's not just a first-person action game, it sounds like they've worked backwards from the films and made a first-person Indiana Jones game. There's puzzle solving, you fill your notebook (think the Grail diary but for this adventure) by taking photos and gaining insights into the things you're looking at, and the whip is apparently based on physical interactions rather than just being a set of canned animations. I'm far more interested in it having listened to that.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:48 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:04 pm

The impression I got was that it was only temporarily dead, and they're going to keep at it. The one review I looked at for it said it was a pretty competent game, it was the character design they didn't like, which admittedly is a pretty big deal for a hero shooter.

In other news, Bethesda ban Doom mod featuring resurrected unpopular historic politician in a genre that famously began with a shooter that featured a resurrected unpopular historic politician.
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/fps/bethe ... -politics/
Worth the story just for the phrase "resurrected mech demon Margaret Thatcher".

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:31 pm

It really shouldn't be a big mystery for Sony (ref Concord), they're charging £40 for a generic, mid game in a genre crowded with better free-to-play titles. What were they really expecting to happen?

For it to have any chance it needs to be free-to-play, but even then without a USP or something to distinguish it from the rest, the low player count even during its public beta suggests the interest for it isn't there.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:21 am

Raid wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:04 pm
The impression I got was that it was only temporarily dead, and they're going to keep at it.
Sony haven't made any commitments either way. I wouldn't be surprised to see it return with a free to play model but I also wouldn't be surprised if we never saw it again.