Xim Apex

Steam, Deals & More.
Achtung Englander

Xim Apex

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:39 pm

So I had been dallying for a long time on whether to pick one up since the time of the Xim 4. I got an Xim Apex from eBay last week and tonight was the first time I used it. Played The Last Of Us. Took about 5 min to figure out mouse settings (basically set it to maximum on the Xim app) but wow to utter amazement it works like a treat. Mouse movement could be faster but its miles better and more accurate than using a shitty controller.

Yeah I am playing The Last Of Us on a mouse and keyboard.

It's a brilliant little gadget.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Rusty

Re: Xim Apex

Post by Rusty » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 am

Having grown up not using consoles and therefore being rubbish at anything requiring fine tuned control, mouse and keyboard for a console could be the answer :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 pm

I was genuinely surprised on how good it is. You will need to look at some YouTube videos on how to install and configure it but it is very intuitive and pretty cool on how you can edit your keyboard keys on the fly. I was able to remap keys as you do on a PC game no problem.

I can see why console gamers buy this, it gives such as huge competitive advantage. I got primarily to play PS4 exclusives like the TLOU and God Of War

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Just been to their website. 100 squid! Possibly worth it though second hand :) Plus I'd also actually have to buy a console to play it on but I have a perfectly usable PC... oh the money that's burning a hole in my pocket :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:22 pm

yes...eBay but be warned this dongle keeps its price so do not expect huge savings