Amazon unveils Luna, its cloud based gaming subscription service

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Amazon unveils Luna, its cloud based gaming subscription service

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... rvice-luna

Basically this is what Stadia ought to have been. The games selection mentioned isn't amazing, but at least you're getting them all thrown in, more akin to Gamepass than Google's offering.

Mantis
Landlord

Re: Amazon unveils Luna, its cloud based gaming subscription service

Post by Mantis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 am

At least the fact that it will include Ubisoft games is a positive sign that Ubisoft aren't planning a subscription service of their own, though I was certain that uPlay does have some sort of premium option.

Between Humble Bundle, PS+, Nintendo Online and Game Pass I can't really stretch funds much further for any more online services like this.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:06 am

Oh I'm not even remotely interested in paying for this myself, I just thought it was significant gaming news. I already get cloud streaming through Gamepass, and it's got a vastly better selection of games (not to mention that it uses the best gamepad on the market that I also happen to own).

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:32 am

Its out in the UK now, they give you 4 free games to play as a prime member and you can link your Ubi account and play any games you own there which is pretty great. Theyre also selling a wifi controller like Stadia did in a bid to reduce lag.

I tried one of the free games, Megaman 11. Looked good, played well and I didnt feel like any lag was hurting my ability to play. Then tried R6 Siege and almost immediately wanted to throw up because of lag on mouse look. Nvidias remains the only one I could play an FPS on out of all the services, though I still probably wouldnt.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.