The Game Room thread - 32/64-bit random all things gaming

Steam, Deals & More.
Lenny Solidus

The Game Room thread - 32/64-bit random all things gaming

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:52 pm

Returning to a once favourable cooperative random play spawning side by side with two russian gamers new to game constantly having laughing fits and what sounds like blamethrowing when getting shat on by enemy ai. You don't understand a single word break into hysterics struggle to play with the onslaught of girly screams laughing and spluttering, when you finish the mission successfully both break into song and make their avatars dance. The whole experience highly random but memorable.
Last edited by Lenny Solidus on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Snowy
Local

Re: The Game Room thread - 32/64-bit random off your chest all things gaming

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am

Playing BF1942 with the old Prey's World clan (the name of which eludes me). MrVampyr/Quietman and I playing as engineers, chucking 3 or 4 packs of explosives into jeeps then driving them flat out at enemy tanks, planes (if they were on the ground), even infantry sometimes. We would drive the jeep towards the target then both leap out just before impact and trigger the explosives. That little gambit took out Tiger tanks and once even a bomber that was lumbering up the runway.

Next up, Planetside.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:15 pm

when everyone on your side is dead except you and you know your entire side is watching your gameplay.

:?
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:15 pm
when everyone on your side is dead except you and you know your entire side is watching your gameplay.

:?
That happened to me once on CS:S. It was cs_office and it was the most brilliant performance I ever gave - I took out the final 6 terrorists all by myself, and they were a decent level too. It's funny, but that was around 18 years ago yet I still remember almost every second of it. :lol:

The problem with CS was I had to play a lot of it to stay sharp, so as soon as I started playing it just a little bit less often my form went out the window. Was nice while it lasted though. The only online shooter I ever got attached to.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Agree, I only ever got close to competent at the original CS but I was like the world's shittest knife, without continuous sharpening... I became a spork.

Planetside then.

Loved the original but it was in PS2 that I had the most fun with the Red Mist outfit, battling as I always have for the mighty Terran Republic. It was a really organised outfit, good comms and the leaders worked with other TR outfits to put together some seriously well organised attacks. Oftentimes the organisation alone would mean an unstoppable wave when we were up against solo players and small outfits, but the best ones were where all three of the opposing factions fought.

I remember loads of battles, but the one that sticks the most was because it was just our squads. I think we had two squads and we had been asked to hold a single tower. There was an almighty war going on and we had been asked to hold the tower to prevent the Smurfs from capturing the region - they had the numbers and were pushing the TR back so we were asked to be a tempting annoyance to draw players away from their main force. We capped the tower and started to see progress being made by our forces. Initially I recall us badgering the squad leads to rejoin the main force (I wanted us to get a column of tanks iirc), but the orders came back that we needed to sit tight.

Initially it was just a couple of stealthers creeping in but pretty soon we were under insane attack - some infantry but mostly vehicles. I recall filling and refilling my loadout as I slipped out of cover long enough to get a vehicle lock and send yet another missile out of the tower. You got killed, our medics were on top form and had you up again quickly. At one point I was rocking a twin-minigun MAX locked down and tearing up the enemies coming through the door, with a medic right behind me keeping me up and another opposite him in reserve. So so so many kills, but what got me was how intense it was - there was no letup, just constant explosions, constant gunfire, but somehow despite the weight of numbers against us, we held out. The team was so well drilled that we managed to hold not just long enough for the tide to turn but for the tide to come back to rescue us, which was just epic.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Picked up a Dual Sense controller a week ago and the bloody buttons are already sticking making gaming with it a ruddy pain, it feels like the rubber pad is worn and its brand new. Does anyone know of a fix?

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Return it. Dont go poking in the guts of stuff you have no need to.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lenny Solidus

Re: The Game Room thread - 32/64-bit random all things gaming

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:44 pm

Square Enix are offloading digital copies of both The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy for only a few dollars each...
The sale is only available in the USA but if you want to grab the digital copy on PC, you can just enter a dummy US address and a Steam key will be emailed to you.
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/ ... s-avengers

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/ ... the-galaxy

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:21 pm

Destiny 2 updating itself with a bleedin' 81GB UPDATE deleting all installed content (100GB) right along with it...
This is madness.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:57 pm

Good god.

I doubt I'l even bother installing that update. My internet is so slow it'd take ages, and I don't think I've played at all since July last year.

It's so easy to miss a week and then tough shit, no storyline for you. The quests UI (actually, the UI in general) is awful and nothing is ever explained. You have to grind the same activities over and over (and they almost never add any new ones) in order to gain enough materials to do the unexplained stuff… It's just a mess. 😢

The guns are cool and the shooting is satisfying, but that's just not enough for me anymore.

Oh, and PVP can do one. :D
Last edited by Drarok on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:01 am

Maybe twice a year or so I get a prime drop and think maybe I should play that again. Then I install it and promptly uninstall it less than an hour later. It’s such a mess of a thing. Half the contents deleted and the ui is a horrible unintuitive thing. This is from someone that’s just went back to Eve Online after about a decade hiatus and managed that far far more easily.

Worst of it is destiny is the most simple of games, the complexity is engineered.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:33 am

I convinced a few friends to play it one time, and by the time they'd all fucked around through the single-player-only onboarding and we'd grouped up, there was such a horrendous dearth of anything to do that they all got bored really quickly.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:07 pm

Anytime I do play I tend to severely limit what it is I get caught up doing as you can lose hours aimlessly doing pretty much nothing and as said above the game is completely engineered to make it seem as though you are doing something worthy of that invested time, when you're actually not. Take for instance the nightmares on the moon, idgaf about materials or doing the lectern I just enjoy the rush of being part of the experience racing from one nightmare to the next then taking down the big bad at the end. That's my entire session right there, and I avoid doing all the menial shit the game is so desperately attempting to make me do.

I see all the other players with those specific ranked names they have earned which I don't have and the majority of them still sit at 3 out of whatever, I don't care. I only joined a clan two days ago after I seemingly did well enough in a match they threw me an invite. There is just so much I have not done the devs clearly want me to get the fuck done or at least pay out for the privilege, no I don't need the season pass thanks Bungie I'm good with the very free rewards. If I'm sounding a little cheap, keep in mind I have bought every new expansion for D2 thus far bar today's. Oh, and I also still enjoy me some Gambit, but man do I miss what it was before.

And I do understand the ire when it comes to PVP, there are times when I actually really enjoy crushing as a team and other times when it becomes the most infuriating unbalanced online experience imaginable and I want to get up and break shit. Just the combat and space wizards facing off I do find enjoyable and putting some flashy looking twat firmly in his place using the latest meta is so very satisfying - especially in Trials where I know I'm severely undercooked compared to literally everyone else. What I am getting at is its important to self-control the Destiny 2 experience to keep it engaging and to suit your own enjoyment requirements, I even set a time limit via my phone because while they do have me they don't have me have me, yet. :lol: \:D/

Addition - Lightfall goes live in a few hours and I have not bought it. I know I will have plenty to do and don't even need it as yet.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:57 pm

Well I'm glad at least someone is happy about it. :lol: