Starfield has a release date

Steam, Deals & More.
Animalmother
Local

Re: Starfield has a release date

Post by Animalmother » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:15 pm

This is now the Warhammer Darktide thread...

Jesus Fucking Christ it's difficult! If you stop to admire a bit of the scenery or check a corner for ammo, your teammates have buggered off several hundred metres and your left going "Ohshitohshitohshit..." as you scramble to catch up. Only managed to complete one mission and truth be told I wasn't much help to the effort.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:59 am

I assume you are playing with randoms AM? I have played a couple of levels with PUGs and they are a very mixed bag, but often you will see people either speedrunning or splitting up and ending up like headless chickens.

Is cross-play between PC and Console versions of the game a thing? If so would be happy to run some missions with you, and I am sure that Raid would be up for it too. Our third player is El Gaucho but he has disappeared recently, presumably some IRL trip or similar.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:06 am

Yeah I'm playing with randoms alright but I've no idea what system they're on. Everyone is at a pretty low level so I assume it's all new players. Coordination is definitely the only way to make it through a level, my only successes have been when everyone is looking out for each other which much to my surprise can sometimes happen.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:12 pm

Looking online again AM and it certainly looks like Xbox/PC crossplay over Gamepass is a thing. Be happy to run some missions with you. Can you run Discord on Xbox as well (I am hopelessly uninformed on console abilities)?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Not a clue mate. Had a good group today, had to be revived multiple times (multiple fucking times) which was done pretty quickly when possible. Level 8 on my veteran now. Liking it but not sure how long the appeal will last.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:25 pm

So I jumped into a higher level raid and must have taken over from a bot. I was dead within 10 seconds after being gang banged by 3 infected ogryns with chainguns. Those 10 seconds gained me more XP and cash than any successful run I've ever had, kind of ridiculous really.

I played with a random player named Rossell a couple of days ago. That our Rossell I wonder?

Sorry this has nothing to do with Starfield. I should probably create a thread for it or something :oops:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:17 pm

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:46 am

Not sure if people have seen this in the news already, but it seems Bethesda, within the past 2-3 weeks, has begun responding to all the negative reviews on Steam, defending the game but honestly coming across quite defensive and cringey. This is pretty weird behaviour for such a big company, and doesn't show them in a good light imo.

A few minutes into the vid he points out they started doing the same for negative Fallout 76 reviews at the same time, so some sort of internal directive obviously came down for the Bethesda community teams to start doing this.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:21 am

Still makes me laugh that a ton of those negative reviews have 100s of hours of playtime.. it can't be that bad to make it a thumbs down review. The complaints could be valid but it doesn't warrant a downvote. Maybe if the game was so bad you only get a few hours played then a thumbs down would be valid.

I have a 100 hours or so in the game. I'll never go back to it, it was bad in places but it would still get a thumbs up. It kept me entertained for a 100 hours despite its flaws!
-- To be completed at some point --

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:46 am

I'm just cheesed off because we could have had a TES VI by now instead. :x

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 am

Maturin wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:46 am
I'm just cheesed off because we could have had a TES VI by now instead. :x
My hopes for that are through the floor at this stage unfortunately :(

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Apparently Skyrim is getting a big update, unfortunately it's so mod creators can start charging for them. No doubt Bethesda gets a cut. Speculation that it's a dry run for Starfield doing the same thing.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:28 pm

They've already tried it once before. It went badly, to the surprise of nobody. I think there's enough apathy that it might get pushed through now and become normalised.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:46 am
Not sure if people have seen this in the news already, but it seems Bethesda, within the past 2-3 weeks, has begun responding to all the negative reviews on Steam, defending the game but honestly coming across quite defensive and cringey. This is pretty weird behaviour for such a big company, and doesn't show them in a good light imo.

A few minutes into the vid he points out they started doing the same for negative Fallout 76 reviews at the same time, so some sort of internal directive obviously came down for the Bethesda community teams to start doing this.
Developers have been doing this for a while because of how important Steam reviews have become to games, obviously because it's a more high profile developer doing it people have jumped on it. Most of the replies I read seemed fine to me and I think it is fair for a developer to try and defend their game.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:57 am

I personally think it's an absolutely pathetic kind of "No, actually..." from them. Fair play if a review gets things wrong and a developer wants to comment to explain that someone has made a mistake. But all of the quotes I saw for this were more along the lines of them making excuses or outright saying "Actually the game is fun and you are wrong" in a roundabout way.

The one where they tried to justify their game being boring by saying that space is actually really quite empty so that's why they were happy to ship a ton of empty procedural generated planets is a zinger.