Boiling Point is back!

Steam, Deals & More.
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Boiling Point is back!

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:47 pm

Just saw that Boiling Point has been released on GOG!

https://www.gog.com/en/game/boiling_point_road_to_hell

A cult classic and one of the first open world fps games from back in the early 2000s.

eny

Re: Boiling Point is back!

Post by eny » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:20 pm

I loved that game, cursed a lot playing it, but loved it nonetheless... the most brilliant broken game ever.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Re: Boiling Point is back!

Post by Lenny Solidus » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:18 pm

I still vividly recall posting up some in game screenshots for Boiling Point I believe sat with a long scoped sniper rifle on a wet rooftop that got people plenty excited, at the time broken or not it was a PC game that felt like it was pushing a fair few technical boundaries in terms of scale, immersion and a sandbox style game long before so many others I could mention, and all at a level for the fps genre in particular we had not really previously experienced before.

Yes it was often very broken, yes the map was completely cut and pasted over and over and the more you explored the more you came to realise it but man I was so very immersed in that game back in the day.

I still maintain that playing heavy sessions of FarCry 6 so often feels like a modern day Boiling Point experience, almost what - near two decades later. I'm thankful BP was made for sure. The lesson with BP was that even though a developer has a clear vision, they may well spread themselves a little too thin in order to come close to achieving it but at the time what BP did achieve I was more than grateful to experience all the same as it gave a hint at bigger and even better executed similar visions that would come only a few years later. Yep, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and the oh so much loved by all FarCry 2. BP love it or hate it along with titles such as Codename: Outbreak both firmly paved the way.

White Gold on the other hand...
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.