The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Steam, Deals & More.
User avatar
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Store isn't loading so the sale has started.

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Working now... kinda.

Haven't had time to properly browse, but for the most part it's looking like the same games for the same discounts I've already passed up on half a dozen times before.

A bit tempted by Grimrock 2 for £7 and Just Cause 3 for £2 though.

User avatar
Alan
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Alan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Battletech for 11 is tempting, it’s usually never under 20.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

User avatar
Maturin
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 am
Location: Kernow

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Maturin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm

I never did get round to playing Total War: Warhammer, might have a think about that one at £10. Although I'm sure I've seen it going for a fiver before on sale. Should have bought it then. :x

Sly, definitely get Grimrock 2. It expands on the first game perfectly. Absolutely loved playing that.

User avatar
Lee
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Lee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Think I'll try steam when it comes to the wee hours as not once has it worked here so far today :lol:
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Snowy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 am

Maturin wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm
I never did get round to playing Total War: Warhammer,
Well worth bagging, watching the battles play out is fucking awesome, all your tabletop battle fantasies come true. If you get 1 and 2, you get a mahoosive map with loads of possible factions albeit many sat behind a pay-wall as DLC. That said, buy the races that interest you in the sales and they are only pennies, but add whole campaigns worth of replayability so in the £/hour scale are very affordable.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
Wrathbone
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 am

Maturin wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Sly, definitely get Grimrock 2. It expands on the first game perfectly. Absolutely loved playing that.
Seconded, I've spent countless hours in Grimrock 2. It's a near-perfect implementation of its sub-genre.

Might and Magic X is in a similar vein and also well worth a look.

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:38 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 am
Maturin wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Sly, definitely get Grimrock 2. It expands on the first game perfectly. Absolutely loved playing that.
Seconded, I've spent countless hours in Grimrock 2. It's a near-perfect implementation of its sub-genre.

Might and Magic X is in a similar vein and also well worth a look.
Yeah, the main thing holding me back is the first game is the type that I really want to like, but for some reason didn't totally gel with. I played it for a few floors (a dozen hours) but didn't go back to it.

But I really enjoyed their Druidstone game, which put Grimrock 2 back to the front of my mind. Another game I want to love, but not sure. Still, for £7 the risk is minimal so I'll no doubt pick it up.

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:10 am

I recommend people check out The Council, £10 for a really good narrative game with RPG elements.

User avatar
Wrathbone
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:38 am
Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 am
Maturin wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Sly, definitely get Grimrock 2. It expands on the first game perfectly. Absolutely loved playing that.
Seconded, I've spent countless hours in Grimrock 2. It's a near-perfect implementation of its sub-genre.

Might and Magic X is in a similar vein and also well worth a look.
Yeah, the main thing holding me back is the first game is the type that I really want to like, but for some reason didn't totally gel with. I played it for a few floors (a dozen hours) but didn't go back to it.
Fair enough, but bear in mind that in the second game you can play as a rat-man who can wield a blunderbuss. Just saying...

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am
Sly Boots wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:38 am
Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 am


Seconded, I've spent countless hours in Grimrock 2. It's a near-perfect implementation of its sub-genre.

Might and Magic X is in a similar vein and also well worth a look.
Yeah, the main thing holding me back is the first game is the type that I really want to like, but for some reason didn't totally gel with. I played it for a few floors (a dozen hours) but didn't go back to it.
Fair enough, but bear in mind that in the second game you can play as a rat-man who can wield a blunderbuss. Just saying...
:lol:

SOLD!

User avatar
Medicine Man
Bar Staff
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 pm
Location: Under the Stairs

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:57 pm



Cheapest its been.

User avatar
Lee
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Lee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Bought Star Crawlers a grid based rpg sci fi game. VR dungeon Knights and VR Battlezone. Will get to play them at some point and Outward the co-op RPG that I had my eyes on and has good enough reviews :)
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

User avatar
Raid
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am
Location: Keep of the Lead Lord

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 pm

Every time I see "VR Battlezone" mentioned I think that some wonderful person has added VR support to Battlezone '98 and it takes me a moment to realise my disappointment.

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am

Re: The Big Steam Bargains Thread

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:26 am

As per usual during a Steam sale I also recommend






Post Reply