Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Bev

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Bev » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm

A bit, aye. Still into Bolt Action, albeit in 15mm.

Jez

Post by Jez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 am
I lost interest when I kept getting lowered level wise so I could never feel powerful. Everything everywhere took the same number of hits to kill.

I want to be a god in the starter areas.

Pretty much like Diablo 3 does it. If I want to steamroll over everything for a change of pace i can lower the difficulty. If I want a challenge, i ramp it back up.
I felt like this in my first attempts but after reading up a bit I saw how I was utterly gimping myself and not enjoying it. The synergy I have now with decent builds is much more satisfying. Here's a link to the stuff i read up on...

https://fextralife.com/tag/divinity-ori ... -2-guides/
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 pm

AC Origins:

Damn this good so far. Loving the changes made and the extra time has paid off I feel. Currently third in my all time AC list behind 2 and Black Flag.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm still not convinced that a few RPG style mechanics would be enough to save that series for me. It was just so tiring doing the repetitive missions and watching all the overly long nonsensical exposition, I was very sick of it all by the time it got to Brotherhood.

I've been playing Endless Space 2. One of the simpler 4x games I've played, but it's a lot easier to get to grips with and consequently doesn't feel like such a chore compared with something like Stellaris. I get the feeling that Stellaris would be the better game if I had the time to figure it all out, because there's a few niggling little things on this that drag the experience down a tad, but it's still a nice way to chill out. I've got a good multiplayer game going where we're trying to dominate the galaxy with an alliance but are struggling against an AI that has completely trounced us on score.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 pm

ES2 is great (Endless Legend too btw), although I think I probably played the first one for longer, not sure why.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm

I did the usual thing that I'm in the habit of and bought Endless Space 1 in a sale a while ago, never got round to playing it and then we all jumped onto the sequel when it had a free weekend and sale a couple of weeks ago. This is why I have an abundance of Steam games with zero hours. ¬_¬

Would it even be worth me going back to the original at this point? It's never easy jumping back in a series when there have been improvements made on the original titles. I've got Endless Legend and the expansions too but we haven't tried that one yet.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm
I did the usual thing that I'm in the habit of and bought Endless Space 1 in a sale a while ago, never got round to playing it and then we all jumped onto the sequel when it had a free weekend and sale a couple of weeks ago. This is why I have an abundance of Steam games with zero hours. ¬_¬

Would it even be worth me going back to the original at this point? It's never easy jumping back in a series when there have been improvements made on the original titles. I've got Endless Legend and the expansions too but we haven't tried that one yet.
It's been a while but from memory I think ES2 pretty much improves the formula on ES1 in every way... nothing revolutionary but little tweaks that make for a better overall experience. I think it was mainly that I played the first one for so long that by the time the second one came around I'd grown a little tired of it after a couple of campaigns.

Looked it up and I played 1 for 80 hours and 2 for 30 hours, but still think it's the better of the two games.

And well worth playing Legend at some point, it's one of the better 4x games out there imho.

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 am

Have you played Stellaris since the 2.0 update? I found it much improved (though I loved it before).

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:19 am

AC Origins has much less of the usual AC nonsense, it takes a lot of queues from the Witcher 3 in terms of it's quest. It's a pretty good game and I'm looking forward to seeing how they build on it fro Odyssey.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I agree with that - the protagonist is likeable, the missions while there are still 'types' of mission (solve the crime, rescue the bod, kill the person) are well acted and often multi-stage. The setting is hugely evocative and well brought to life too, the world around you believable whether the bustle of Alexandria or the scorching waste of the deserts.

Animus-wank is also kept to an absolute minimum too. Nothing riles me more when playing an AssCreed than being forcibly wrenched out of my story so that I can listen to Snarky O'British and his fuckwit chums and have to play through some shite exposition-fest before I am allowed to go back to having fun. So yeah, very little of that shit.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Tichinde

Post by Tichinde » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm

I always liked the Sci-fi bent that AC had in it's back pocket.
The Animus bleed stuff was interesting, and then they just did nothing with it....

Really must get Unity played so I can start catching up on the series.....

In other news, I may be about to buy Monster Hunter World....
"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:20 pm

On PC?

You'll have to report back how it runs. I've not heard great things about the optimisation of the port.
Gibby wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 am
Have you played Stellaris since the 2.0 update? I found it much improved (though I loved it before).
I think I bought it after that update alongside the Utopia expansion pack. I really liked the level of detail, but I jumped right into a multiplayer game with friends without taking the time to learn how anything really worked and it fizzled out quite quickly. Steam stats reckon I've only played 7 hours of it; I've already doubled that on Endless Space 2 and am only just really getting to grips with the more advanced aspects of that. I get the feeling that I should have put a bit more time into Stellaris before abandoning it.

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 pm

It's worth it. Keep it on your to-do list. Would be happy to play it with you at a relaxed pace to offer tips etc!

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 pm

That’s on my to do too. I started it when I was not in the mindset to learn how it worked and gave up fairly quick and never went back :(

Played a bunch of the CoDBlops4 beta. It’s crap. They seem to have upped the TTK and I already thought it was too high before. The graphics are bad (amazing for a 1995 engine, but still bad) and the art style also looks ugly. There’s nothing about it I like, not even the feel. Probably something to do with playing Siege so much lately but maaaan I used to love CoD and how it felt!

:(

Curious about Blackout mode though.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

STuG

Post by STuG » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Been playing a fair bit of BF1 after a processor upgrade allowed the PC to play it without having a seizure and the entire game with DLC was ultra cheap in a sale a few months ago.

Quite enjoying it...although I hate planes.

I also hate my former favourite class from BF4, 9/10ths of an enemy team seems to be MG toting, 200 round magazine, support, bullet hoses.
I also hate getting older and having slower reaction times but c'est la vie.

Despite this, conquest is still sublime as 'frostbite' powered chaos unfolds on some beautiful maps.