Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Rossell

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Rossell » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Apart from some nice visuals I would agree with that bit.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:22 pm

Alongside playing Doom Eternal and Final Fantasy 7 Remake, I've also picked up the DCS World: F-14B Tomcat module, a ridiculously complex simulation of the US Navy's primary fleet interceptor made famous by Top Gun. It's one of the last real largely analogue front-line fighter aircraft before the widespread adoption of fly-by-wire systems where the pilot is merely telling the computer where to put the aircraft rather than there being a direct link between the pilot and control surfaces. As I've mostly flown fly-by-wire aircraft in DCS World, this has come as a bit of a shock to the system as I can't even reliably get the thing to fly straight and level yet, as you constantly have to reference all of the gauges in the cockpit rather than having everything presented to you on the aircraft's HUD. A friend and I flew it together in multiplayer as we're both learning it at the same time. You can both sit in the same aircraft as it's a two-seater, but the rear seat (which controls most of the radar and weapons functionality and doesn't have any ability to fly the plane itself) is a complete mystery to both of us, so we mostly just berated each other's landings. Still, I've managed to put it down on the deck of a carrier, albeit not particularly well.

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:10 am

I'm playing WoW Classic like it's 2005 \:D/

Admittedly I do only have chance once or twice a week to play for an hour or so, but damn. I'm enjoying it anyway.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Opus Magnum
This game is just wonderfully satifying! I guess its a Factorio style game but with a much cleaner/simple presentation. Solving is mildly stressful relaxation and then theres just something dopamine triggering when you see your solution pumping away. It also eats the clock.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun May 03, 2020 6:59 am

Neoverse
Slay the spire is great and all but what if it was boring, had bland art direction, bad cards but boobs that jiggle? Well thats a fantastic tradeoff!

Streets Of Rogue
This is a lot of fun and surprisingly diverse in playstyles. The art style, the writing, the jokes (oh god the jokes!) and all dire in my humble opinion but the gameplay is great! You can go a soldier and blast everything or you can go a hacker/thief and sneak in avoiding combat or you can be a gang leader recruiting your members to fight for you orrr you could be a comedian that can tell a joke which might make people fight for you or fight you depending on if they like it or not. Most walls are destructible which can make pretty dynamic levels. The objectives are a little limited and I dont think it'll have massive longevity but I cant say Ive not enjoyed it so far.

Dead Cells
Bought the DLC, its pretty good. Also decided I was going to platnum it. Not sure my heart can take it...... Theyve made some nice subtle changes to it, for example theres a toggle to not spawn any lore rooms which is nice!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun May 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Rise of the Tomb Raider

The exploration and challenges are fun, the fights can be quite fun too.

Quite buggy in places almost like the ps4 port was rushed and the story is rushed too... OK the story is shit. Still gonna finish it though.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue May 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Opus Magnum
This game is just wonderfully satifying! I guess its a Factorio style game but with a much cleaner/simple presentation. Solving is mildly stressful relaxation and then theres just something dopamine triggering when you see your solution pumping away. It also eats the clock.
This game makes me grin so much! You definately need to be in the mindset and as such I'm progressing pretty slowly but I cant think of a single recent game more satisfying than watching your thing do its stuff!

Look at it go! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My only real complaint is there should be a "hide story" mode because I couldnt give a toss about that.

Instead of the story it should just play this after every puzzle

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue May 05, 2020 1:16 pm

Alan wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:42 pm
Opus Magnum stuff
Looking at this and the video on its Steam page, it looks super complicated. Is it hard to get started with, or is there a nice gentle curve?
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Drarok wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:16 pm
Alan wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:42 pm
Opus Magnum stuff
Looking at this and the video on its Steam page, it looks super complicated. Is it hard to get started with, or is there a nice gentle curve?
Its real easy. Its quite well designed. Drag and drop the machine arms where you want then the programing of the machines movements is pretty much like a midi track, you lay down the "notes" (turn, rotate, pick up, drop, extend, contract) and press play and it plays the industrial song youve layed down. The core of what you are doing is simple its the maneuvering and joining of the atoms that get a bit mind bending.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 pm

If you like a simple game with a bit of puzzling you should try Hexcells Infinite. God i love this modernised minesweeper game! :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3044 ... _Infinite/
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Finished Tomb Raider. The whole final section was great fun until the final boss battle which was shocking.

Rime

Ico clone of sorts. Enjoyable so far, I decided before moving onto the next Tomb Raider to play something less violent because I've finished Horizon and Doom also in the last month.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue May 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Rossell wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 pm
Finished Tomb Raider. The whole final section was great fun until the final boss battle which was shocking.

Rime

Ico clone of sorts. Enjoyable so far, I decided before moving onto the next Tomb Raider to play something less violent because I've finished Horizon and Doom also in the last month.
Rime is great, but me and my eldest (who sat with my while I played it) both got quite emotional come the end.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed May 06, 2020 7:00 am

elgaucho wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 pm
If you like a simple game with a bit of puzzling you should try Hexcells Infinite. God i love this modernised minesweeper game! :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3044 ... _Infinite/
I own this, never played, I shall spin.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue May 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Sniper Elite 4

If you've played one of these games you've pretty much played them all. That's not necessarily a bad thing as they are enjoyable and the brutal 3D bullet cam never gets old, ever! Each level is a huge map you can roam around pretty freely, bursting Nazi skulls as you go. It falls down on the boring plot which is yet another Nazi wonder weapon blah blah whatever. As per usual the assassinate Hitler level is behind a pay wall so fuck that.

About 10 seconds in, that Nazi general is most certainly Trump :lol:

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed May 13, 2020 9:13 am

It definitely is :)

Let me know if you fancy some co-op on this AM, I played it through a while back but would happily re-play. I imagine getting those nut-shots and grenade combo-kills would be fantastic with someone else to appreciate the bullet-artistry :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=