Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Abs_McBain

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:52 pm

There is a "good" outcome you can get in the game, but with all these shitty groups running the place you pretty much will have to make a deal with the devil and put aside your own opinion on whether or not they should continue to exist.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:31 am

I'm guessing you mean:
Spoiler
if you side with Patriarch so that he helps Arizona, meaning Colorado remains under his boot heel. I sided with Angela Deth, killed Patriarch and returned to Arizona, with the implied ending that everything eventually fell apart in both states. I suspect if I'd stayed in Colorado then it would have been safe and stable at the expense of Arizona.

If that's the case, then instead of saving one state and dooming another, I gave both states a long, drawn out demise. #-o

I suppose there's also the possibility of backing Liberty, but she was a grade-A lunatic.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Spoiler
If you look at the situation with the major factions and add 'Rangers' to the list as one of them, rather than have the Rangers act under a faction, then its a matter of getting the local authorities and resource providers onto your side.
Yes, even the local police and them crazy Reagan worshipers.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:35 am

Binding Of Isaac
Someone tried to evangelise it to me again so I gave it another spin. Still seems like absolute crap. I dont get it. I think people just like it because its edgelord.

Footsies
This game is excellent! Its a 1v1 fighting game thats kind of the opposite of Divekick. You cant jump, you can just walk back, forward, parry, attack and block. Its all about the footsies, strangely enough! Since the controls are simple it works great on phone and even has a split screen head to head mode that works brilliantly! Its kind of perfect in what its trying to do. It even has rollback netcode! The only thing I can fault is that I'm bad at it.

SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
The hubbub around this was that it was one of the worst fighting games ever so I avoided it till now. Its not that bad, it is very weird but theres some not terrible ideas in there. Some. Theres a bunch of really terrible ideas right enough like taking all the female characters from SNK games, putting them in incredibly skimpy clothing and.... seemingly deaging some of them to near worrisome levels. They did shrink Mai's notoriously massive chest a bit right enough so there is that....

Dota 2
Played my first game since... shrines I think? So 5+ years ago. That felt quite..... overwhelming. :lol:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:06 pm

Shadow of War

I played Shadow of Mordor back when it released and, although I did mostly enjoy it, I found it to get rather repetitive and was ready for it to be done when the credits rolled.

For that reason, I left this one until now, after buying it for 3 or so quid. I can't quite remember, definitely less than the price of a pint.

I've been really enjoying this one, although it does have its pockets of frustrations here and there, including a couple of bugs that, thankfully, weren't game breaking. I'm enjoying the added depth to the nemesis system - which really still is the star of the show - and some of the new abilities. Also, the sort of meta strategy that seems to be coming into play as I progress the story a bit.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:25 pm

So Death Stranding is a bit of an odd one, isn't it? :lol:

It's out on Game Pass from today, I've actually enjoyed the rambling around the landscape part, but left slightly baffled by everything related to the story and cutscenes.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:05 pm

I absolutely adored Death Stranding.

Just don't expect the story to make any sense whatsoever until the last two or three hours. And try to find as many log entries as possible because they do flesh out the backstory quite a bit.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:05 pm
I absolutely adored Death Stranding.

Just don't expect the story to make any sense whatsoever until the last two or three hours. And try to find as many log entries as possible because they do flesh out the backstory quite a bit.
Same here, I expected it to be little more than a futuristic Fed-Ex delivery driver simulator but it was SO much more.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:18 pm

I've yet to play it.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:18 pm
I've yet to play it.
If you've got Game Pass, now's the time! :)

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:38 pm

The whole delivery journey between A and B in Death Stranding is great! I loved the bike, I pretty much could go anywhere with that thing.

Its just the fuckin' plot and characters and boss fights and arrrgh! It could have been ALL great! Get a bloody editor that has a spine employed over at Kojima Productions ffs!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Magicka

I'm so late to the party with this one that I'd actually forgotten I owned it (but hadn't ever played). I suspect I got it in a Humble Bundle at some point, but not as the main game I bought said bundle for.

Myself, Snowy and Gaucho gave this a go, and I think we'd been wiped out three or four times before we even saw an enemy because we kept accidentally killing ourselves and each other. It's almost Discworld-ish in its insistence that Magic is bloody dangerous stuff, because press a wrong button, or charge up the right elements but discharge them in the wrong way and you fire a healing beam at your enemy or call down a meteor on yourself by mistake. Get your robe wet and try to charge up an electric spell and you electrocute yourself. Charge your sword with the force element and swing it near a friend and they'll get catapulted into a lake and drown. I love games that give you a set of skills or mechanics, that you then combine for different effects, and it doesn't spell them all out for you.

I'm not sure whether the novelty will last, but I'm definitely wanting to play more.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:48 am

:lol:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
I started playing this maybe 4 years ago and drifted in and out over time. I had decided to play on the hardest difficulty (available until you unlocked a harder mode) and go for no kills which required spending hours on each level and being very methodical, reloading if I accidentally killed someone. Crawling around in air vents and using a dart gun on unsuspecting enemies was the name of the game. This was exhausting so I tended to leave it for longer and longer between plays. On a whim I picked it up again last night only to discover I was a ball hair from the end of the game and finally finished it. The last boss could be beaten in less than a minute if you were quick. So finished it on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty and zero kills :P . Because it took me so long I barely remember the plot but I do remember enjoying the experience. It's showing it's age now and the graphics are a bit rough but not bad. There's so much packed in I could imagine multiple replays to 100% the game. I really do hope this isn't the end of the series as they are great games.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:47 pm

F1 Manager 2022

The first thing to say is that I'm enjoying it. The second thing is that it seems to have a few issues that could put off proper petrolheads.

For me, someone wholly ignorant of cars and the magical pixies imprisoned therein who get them to move through eldritch arts, I think it's fun. I have several hundred hours of Motorsport Manager under my belt, so I feel quite comfortable saying if you enjoyed that you should enjoy this, as mechanically it is very similar. But seeing everything in a 3D engine and have an up-to-date roster of real teams and drivers is very nice.

The issues I mentioned mainly seem to be around tyres - until they hit 30% condition there's no noticeable drop-off in performance, meaning a 99% condition tyre is going to perform equally well as a 31% tyre. Also, there seems to be a smaller difference between the various compounds that people expect from the real-life sport. Beyond that there's a few oddities like you can't create your own team, and you also can't move between teams within a save. Hopefully most if not all of these will be addressed with updates at some point.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:19 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:48 am
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
They were making a sequel until Square Enix higher ups brains turned to even more dust and everything just got canned.
Try out the bank heist addon mission. That one is really really well made. Prison one is alright too.