Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:53 pm

I watched some of Johnny Chiodini's stream of this this afternoon, and while I was dying of contagious laughter early on, it very quickly outstayed its welcome and they ended their stream an hour early.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:28 am

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:36 am
Death Loop
Now on Game Pass so gave it a go. It has that wonderful style that Arcane only seen to be able to do and it looks very pretty. The game itself left me completely cold though, just didn't grab me at all. The shooting feels very limp and impactless. I'm still very early in the game and haven't a clue what's going on so it might improve once I get the hang of it.
I enjoyed that one but due to it's very nature replayability is low. However, it's still installed on my PC so luckily I have the memory of a goldfish so will have another fresh go in a month or so.
-- To be completed at some point --

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:55 am

Raid wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:53 pm
I watched some of Johnny Chiodini's stream of this this afternoon, and while I was dying of contagious laughter early on, it very quickly outstayed its welcome and they ended their stream an hour early.
It's definitely not one you play for very long at any given time, but in 30 minute bursts it's great.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Generation Zero

I've only played a little over an hour so far, but first impressions are extremely positive, this is very much a game of my liking which I always knew it would be but I believe it needed more time in the oven first. As I've never played Tarkov and no doubt never will this might perhaps be the closest to that kind of experience I've had - obviously nothing close to being as in depth as Tarkov is though. Aspects of it are like some of Stalker meets Prey Tarkov and Homefront the Revolution. There's a huge map to explore and a great amount of both world detail and tension slowly making your way around the initial island as dog like robots patrol and guard buildings and areas that contain highly valuable materials, weapons, clothing with bonus stats and crafting tables. You get some handy binoculars right away which are obviously a great tool to scout out areas and the lovely looking environments filled with looting opportunities from a distance, but I've not yet learned how to tag enemies - if you even can that is.

I really enjoyed my first time on it and for the price of less than a fiver there's nothing better on top of that than a game that ticks all your boxes, which this one very much does. It's not really a survival game and much more a huge sandbox with roaming terminator elements, there's health and stamina but that's about it. The game is up on Gamepass if it sounds like something you may enjoy.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:30 pm

It's been vastly improved compared to when it was released. I was playing it myself up until recently and enjoyed it but ended up uninstalling because it just kept crashing (on Xbox). Some epic battles with hordes of robots that good really tense at times. Neebs Gaming are doing a series on it at the moment, absolutely hilarious.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:33 am

I was reading through some of the reviews last night, one guy had a playtime of 950 hours and was quite heartily comparing his time on the game to that of both a Skyrim and Morrowind experience. I was very much, are you sure about that?

Then when playing myself I located a ruined castle at the very top of a hill and got spotted by some rodogs, instantly the music kicked in and I had to savagely fight for my life with nothing but a baseball bat come the final two and was victorious. Looted the area and proceeded to make my way down the other side of the mountain.

Right then I stopped in my tracks and reconsidered that very same review and my instant thought, yep - I get it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:13 am

I always took it to be another Rust/whateverthatdinosaurgamewas but apparently I own it. Might give it a try.

Just been playing the Modern Warfare 2 beta. Its alright, not that enamoured with the shooting but its not bad. Then I opened the loadout builder "get 200 headshots to unlock red dot with this weapon", "get 500 kills to unlock grip with this weapon" and immediately noped out. I am not doing that shit again. Unlock everything but skins at the start, if your game isnt good enough to survive without a carrot on a stick then fuck off and make it better. Its really really really irritating game design. :evil:

I'm also trying to go back and fill in games I missed that people love so I started....

Bayonetta
So people love this because its horny and cheesy? Doesn't seem like much else about it is that good. Maybe I had to be there 10 years ago but it just makes me want to go buy the Bulletwitch remaster.

On a more positive note I did buy Luftrausers on steam and that games still great! Vlambeer should do a pack of all their games on modern consoles and[ the Switch.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Saw you playing some UT, the time many of us spent playing the newly released UT2004 demo more than we played some full release titles, that shit was something else.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:47 pm

Heh, I always forget I’m in the discord. I’ve just been using it to find SFxT players. I do still think about how great XMP was more often than is probably healthy :lol:

It was the 2k16(?) one I was playing. Despite being unceremoniously abandoned because of Fortnite it’s still very easy to get matchmaking games of it. Unfortunately the people still playing are mostly ungodly good in comparison to this old man. I counted any game where I wasn’t dead last as a win and I actually “won” most of my games! -_- Still plays great, I wish they’d go back to it and finish making it.
Last edited by Alan on Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 pm

I don't even recall making this video, glad I did though!

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:44 pm

I’m sure it looked better than that in my minds eye :lol:

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:40 pm
Trombone Champ

Totally worth the entry price of £11. There are songs where I've been outright streaming tears from laughter, trying to hold it together enough to get to the end.
I concur.

Now sure how to get enough cards to trade with the little devil dude, or what the point is, but man am I having a blast doing it all anyway.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:08 pm

Always read that you can make Assetto Corsa be anything, with an endless selection of mods for it. I never even thought that it could also be an open world driving mod too.
Well okay not on the same scale as Horizon, but having a huge chunk of the Tokyo Highway network to blast around with the Shutoko Revival Project mod still sounds pretty awesome.

Spent a good while to actually get my pad setup without giving up this time (no steering wheel for me, no space!) and gave it a spin. I don't know how to setup pedestrian traffic yet, but that feeling of cruising around on the highway at night with your music on, its all right here! And thats all that matters really.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:32 am

Wow.

Got some links to how to do that? Is it horrendous to do?
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 am

Ah, here is the tutorial. Pretty painless install tbh.

On a side note why did I not consider the Japanese fanbase tweaking and making their own variants of existing mods?!

If only they actually listed the mods used in each video. This has saved me a fair chunk of cash from splashing on a PS5 with GT7.