Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Snowy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Too late mate, already gone.

I could see why the game would appeal (never played the boardgame) but it was just not an appeal that would hook me. A friend recommended it but he is a die-hard CCG player. I dabbled with Magic when it first came the the PC but never really enjoyed it, same with Hearthstone, so I have just ignored anything since that was card-based. This one I picked up in the sale on my mate's recommendation, but I just know that it will keep beating my arse and that doesn't have to happen too often before it joins the creaking dusty pile of abandoned games.

I see the fun to be had, but know myself well enough that it will never be mine. Better to bank the £20 and put it towards something I will spend the time on.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 pm

BTW Snowy, am currently very much enjoying Days Gone on your (Steam) recommendation :)

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Serious Sam 4 now on Game Pass. It's unsurprisingly shit in all respects from what I've played so far. Graphics are 10 years out of date, movement is janky and strangely for an FPS of this nature there's absolutely fuck all ammo to be found. Enemies also seem to spawn directly behind you which is a tad annoying to say the least. Ballhang.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:35 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 pm
BTW Snowy, am currently very much enjoying Days Gone on your (Steam) recommendation :)
Delighted to hear it mate, it is a cracking little game. I must go back and finish that during the Xmas break.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Aliens: Fire Team
Good solid 3rd person squad shooter set in Aliens universe. Can be played with 2 other people or a pair of AI controlled synths. The game flings hordes of aliens at you in places and you can get quickly overrun, the AI guys can hold their own and will revive you but it really does need other players to get the best of it I'd imagine. Has all the movie music and sound effects and variations of the weapons. Definitely worth a look and would be a great game for a forum squad up.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:50 pm

I set the Halo Infinite campaign aside a bit to try the multiplayer and instantly regretted it.

It is literally the same dull rubbish it was 20 years ago just like every other shooter on the market. Spawn, charge in, shoot, melee, chuck a grenade, die, rinse and repeat. The most soul destroying meat grinder game loop imaginable. I really don't get how people get so hooked on these game types, I would actually rather sit and stare at a blank wall than subject myself to the repetitive nausea of playing Halo online.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:20 pm

Is the campaign good? I've never played a Halo game, but after finishing Days Gone I was in the mood for another open world thing so I downloaded it on Game Pass...

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:29 am

It's not really open world in the typical sense. The moment to moment gameplay is quite fun though, the open world segments drag it down a lot where it would have been better off just throwing more linear levels at you.

If you've never played Halo before and don't mind not having an open world to play in then I'd recommend playing 1, 2, 3 and Reach on Game Pass. But I don't think Infinite will really satisfy any open world cravings you have.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:22 am

Cheers. I doubt I'll play through the earlier games, but I might check it out at some point.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:05 am

As I've treated myself to a new PC which arrived this week I've started replaying some older games with everything cranked up to the maximum:

No Man's Sky
Dragon Age: Inquisition

No Man's Sky in particular looks fantastic.

I've also grabbed the £1 trial of game pass and whacked Doom Eternal on there - so far it looks fantastic, runs super quick but the gameplay is pretty dull.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 am

Am up for trying the new Halo game in co-op if anyone is interested? Only ever played about 2 hours of the very first game so no clue about story, but not too worried by that :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:15 am

Snowy wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 am
Am up for trying the new Halo game in co-op if anyone is interested?
Many of us are. Unfortunately they made the standout decision to launch the game without co-op, which won't be here for six months.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:16 am

Resident Evil: The Village
Picked this up yesterday and am absolutely loving it I must say. The stunning graphics (with ray tracing), nerve fraying atmosphere and overall design is just amazing.The sound is also incredible and best played using headphones. You'll hear floorboards creak and nearby doors opening which when your being stalked by an 8ft vampire is atmospheric as hell. The interiors of the castle itself are nothing short of gorgeous in places with polished wood staircases and candlelit rooms full of detail. It's a real contrast to the utter shithole nature of the village at the base of the castle.
It still plays as you'd expect with finding keys and objects to open new areas interspersed with frantic shooting and running away. It is a bit more forgiving than previous titles and I only died a few times so far without feeling frustrated.
Marvelous stuff :P

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am

I just bought it too, looking forward to it!

Danganronpa
15 students are locked in a school by a psychotic teddybear and the only way for them to leave is by getting away with murder. Its half visual novel half Phoenix Wright. The story progresses, someone gets killed and a trial takes place to determine who the killer was. If the wrong person is accused the real killer goes free and everyone else dies.
After owning it for a while and a few false starts I'm possibly close to the end now and I bloody love this game! Sometimes its hard to discern exactly what it wants you to do during trial, sometimes more than one answer seems to be correct though it only accepts the one it considers correct and theres some tedious stuff navigating the world map. Theres a lot of annoying things you can poke holes in but the writing is just great! Ive not laughed so much at a game in a long as time. Most of the characters are likable enough that you genuinely feel back when they get killed off and it has a great mix of funny, sincere and dark in the writing.

Into The Breach
Finished. That last achievement (distant friends) was really annoying! A rare spawn of a glowing cracked mountain has to be destroyed to get a rare escape pod. When I finally got it I was just blowing up mountains and it sure as shit didnt look like it was glowing! Oh well, at least thats done! I feel like they should have had a set of achievements for the final squad too though. As annoying as that was though its still a fantastic game, a future classic.

It wasnt as annoying as getting all the unlocks in FTL though -_-

Quake 2 RTX
Its kind of neat I guess but what a shite game Quake 2 is and always has been. I think its the only iD game I never finished.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am
Quake 2 RTX
Its kind of neat I guess but what a shite game Quake 2 is and always has been. I think its the only iD game I never finished.
I disagree about it always having been shite. It's extremely basic now and I couldn't play it either, but it was released in the same year as Blood, Jedi Knight II, Hexen II and Terminator: Skynet. They were all decent games, but I don't think the gameplay was better in any of them.