Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Just finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. What a lovely wee game that was.

All I hear is folk moaning about performance and all that, but I never really had a problem with in on PC. It was a little chuggy when transitioning between areas, but such times were brief and otherwise it was absolutely fine.

Well worth your time and if you have Game Pass its a no brainer. It's a beautiful game top to bottom and the soundtrack is wonderful, it really added some magic to my mad fever dreams this week.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:48 pm

I bought a Xbox One X with Game Pass and i'm flooded (and floored) by whats on offer. Simply too much to choose from!
And they just added Ace Combat 7. T'is great game featuring a PNG dog, give it a try!

In the end I ended up playing Gran Turismo 2 on my PS Vita. Now it may be a naff looking game today, but I can't scoff the techincal marvel that it is. It's ended up being my main game to go now, and on a portable it's much more flexible to get in for a quick race or speed lap.
Also theres a new plug-in for a hacked Vita which lets you play your music and game at the same time. The handheld immersion with synthwave on while driving on Special Stage Route 5 or Red Rock Valley with them PS1 era graphics is...I dunno? Different?

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 pm
Just finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. What a lovely wee game that was.

All I hear is folk moaning about performance and all that, but I never really had a problem with in on PC. It was a little chuggy when transitioning between areas, but such times were brief and otherwise it was absolutely fine.

Well worth your time and if you have Game Pass its a no brainer. It's a beautiful game top to bottom and the soundtrack is wonderful, it really added some magic to my mad fever dreams this week.
I tried it on a mechanical hardrive and it chugged like a beast, seemed to be fine when I switched it to an SSD. Apparently this is a common problem.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm

Ah that makes sense, shame though because without those technical issues it really is a fabulous game. Hopefully they can iron out the problems so others can enjoy it as I did.

It was the first game I've finished this year.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 am

I can't wait to get into the new Ori game - the original was a total gem, and I absolutely loved it! I've no doubt the sequel will be fantastic, but I'm swimming in titles i want to spend more time on right now.

The only game i'm consistently playing little and often is Hades. I cannot stress how excellent this rogue like game is. And they just keep adding more and more stuff - every game is just different enough, and every run is just that little bit more progression. And then when you finish it you have the pact of punishment to add handicaps to your runs and keep you coming back for more. It's just excellent, truly! :D
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 am

Mixing between assassins creed odyssey, doom eternal and days gone.

Days gone gets a bad rap but apart from some niggles it's actually really good.

Solidarity Reg

Post by Solidarity Reg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am

I'm finally starting Pathfinder: Kingmaker! A Baldur's Gate-esque adventure seems just the ticket at the moment. I've already played most of PoE 1 (love the stronghold/dungeon, but hit a difficulty wall in the main storyline and never went back).

I'm mixing it up with a bit of Half-Life: Opposing Force (recently finished Black Mesa and God, I've missed this universe!), and oddly enough; Strife Veteran Edition. If anyone knows of any other techno-fantasy FPSs, let me know!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Playing Fallout 4, Battlefield V and Resident Evil 2. All set in either wars, apocalypse or disease outbreaks. Need to play something a bit more uplifting I think :?

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Got the old 3DS on the go and since most 3DS games are a bit sucky its become a fancy DS. Now if youre feeling down about the current happenings I have the key to cheering you up. Its called...

OSUUUUUUU
TATAKAEEEEEE
OUUUEEENNNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Its still just magic. Glorious, joy filled magic.

Also playing though Castlevania Order Of Eclesia
Its the only one I never bothered to complete pre Lords because its a bit crappy. Gameplay is fine but the small levels instead of one big map ruins it and even the small levels are pretty badly designed. Might finish it this time, we will see.

OSU!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Astroneer

Tried this to give me something a little more light hearted to play, potter away a few carefree hours terraforming a planet with nice voxel style graphics, peaceful like.

15 minutes into the tutorial I rage quit screaming obscenities and uninstalled. Back to murdering Nazis and zombies for me I guess :(

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 am

If you have time before the free weekend is up, give Risk of Rain 2 a go - it's intense, well crafted and hard to let go before you eventually get obliterated by the increasing difficulty - definitely fun for a few hours!
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:34 am

Uncharted Lost Legacy
Thats probably the best Uncharted. I like the characters more, its a good length, has some decent puzzles and damn impressive visuals/set pieces (we so very much dont nee a new generation yet!). I heartily recommend enabling auto aim because it makes the gunplay real fun and much less about hiding behind cover and more about maneuvering and being John Wick. I thought I was going to hate it as soon as it introduces you to the "open world go anywhere, climb a tower, its zelda!" mechanics but the open world is soooo small it really doesnt matter. Enjoyed that a lot! :) I didnt think I'd be saying that about another Tombyraidery game, at least not this soon.

I also really like Claudia Black and even though shes usually always basically the same character its always fun to watch(listen?) to her do her thing.

LL>1>4>3>GA>2

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 pm

I love Lost Legacy. That last level is insane.

Edit: Also have you put 2 at the bottom of the pile? :o

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:57 am

elgaucho wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 am
If you have time before the free weekend is up, give Risk of Rain 2 a go - it's intense, well crafted and hard to let go before you eventually get obliterated by the increasing difficulty - definitely fun for a few hours!

Just buy it, it's that good :D

Was playing with my cousin and just noticed a whole lot of new content and found one of the trails to do. 2 games that last in total 4 and half hours of madness :)
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 pm
I love Lost Legacy. That last level is insane.

Edit: Also have you put 2 at the bottom of the pile? :o
2 was fine till the warecarebears and it just went utter pants from there on out. That final boss fight was the worst thing Naughty Dog has done.... ever?

edit: also playing Prof Layton X Phoenix Wright
What a great little lovely game! Ive never played a Layton before and those parts are charming as heck but more importantly I forgot how much silly fun Phoenix is. I must look out the post 3 PW games. I'm not that far in, only just completed the first court case but its got me.