Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Drarok

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Drarok » Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:02 pm
Sniper Elite 4
I was tempted to pick this up, given it was released early 2017… it's still £40 on Steam! Fuck that noise.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Drarok wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Animalmother wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:02 pm
Sniper Elite 4
I was tempted to pick this up, given it was released early 2017… it's still £40 on Steam! Fuck that noise.
Available for £13.66 here:

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1327- ... r-elite-4/

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Interesting… have you used that site yourself? I'm always wary of amazing deals sites. One of my mates bought something from one, and it would only work on the Russian version of Windows or something weird. He couldn't play it, anyway.
Raid wrote:
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed May 13, 2020 3:29 pm

It drops to £8 in sales and there’s a steam sale due soon. Depends how itchy you are.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed May 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Drarok wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm
Interesting… have you used that site yourself? I'm always wary of amazing deals sites. One of my mates bought something from one, and it would only work on the Russian version of Windows or something weird. He couldn't play it, anyway.
Yeah, I've used Instant Gaming a load of times, never had an issue with anything I've bought from them. CD Keys is good too, although when I checked them for this game they were a bit pricier.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed May 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed May 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Yep, I never had any issues with the few games I got from instantgaming in the past. Although, that was back in the days when they had ridiculously huge discounts on brand new big titles. Same with Cdkeys. Whatever small 'risk' there was, was worth taking with the savings you could make.

But that seemed to change a few years back and the discounts were never as good after that point.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed May 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:44 pm
£7.50 here...

https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-SNIPER-ELI ... er-elite-4
Your order has been selected for manual review.
Manual review might take up to a 24 hours (generally happens quicker).
I am definitely getting scammed.
Raid wrote:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed May 13, 2020 7:30 pm

That is a weird one I'll give you that, but I've used them loads of times over the years without an issue. Not that that helps you I know.

A quick Google would suggest its quite a common thing that they do and it's usually resolved fairly quickly. However it still sucks though.

Let us know how you get on.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu May 14, 2020 11:08 am

Medicine Man wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:30 pm
Let us know how you get on.
Turns out they flag unknown email domains for manual review, and since I don't use any of the big providers (and use my own domain) I got flagged. On the upside, since I'd messaged them to see if I needed to take any action, they responded with this:
I'm sorry that it took me so long to get to your orders but hopefully you give us another chance in the future so please take this 10% off coupon as a small compensation for your next order. The coupon code has no expiration date and can be applied to any product in our store.
So that was nice. And the game activated on my Steam account just fine. Weirdly they also added some random free games to my account but didn't mention that. I've never heard of any of them?

Volvo The Game
Saddies: Attack!!
Lylian: Episode One - Paranoid Friendship
Raid wrote:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Nice one. Glad you got it all sorted in the end.

The voucher was a nice touch and the free games are a bonus. Going by the titles alone they're sure to be bangers. ;)

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon May 18, 2020 3:50 pm

Grim Dawn
Owned if for ages and for some reason I fired it up for the first tome this morning and 5 hours evaporated. This is the first Diablo I’ve enjoyed playing in ages, since Torchlight 1. I finished Diablo 3 but that was more out of brand loyalty than enjoyment :lol:

I don’t know if I’ll stick with it long term but I’m looking forward to going back to it tomorrow. I even bought the expansion to be a necro.

Ok it’s a bit ugly and there’s a bit too much loot and management is a slight pain but the rest plays really well!

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon May 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Played through Grim Dawn a few times now - the build customisation and depth of play-styles is great.

Currently waiting for the Ashes of Malmouth expansion to go cheap on a sale so I can pick that up.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon May 18, 2020 5:43 pm

That’s the one I bought. 8 quid on humble wasn’t too bad :-k

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Mon May 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Good on you both! Grim Dawn is, largely, excellent!

I've levelled a fair number of characters through one or two playthroughs.

I usually stop playing it as i find the ambiance gets a bit samey after an amount of play, even if the class diversity and systems are so exceptional.

Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods both added some really nice variety to the palette, and I personally quite enjoy crucible arena runs, if only for a quick fix of gameplay.

I generally stop playing for a while then pick it up again.

If you're not a purist there's an add on that lets you store as much crap as you you want - GD Stash, i think? It lets me focus on just playing the game, which keeps me engaged longer.

It's also one of those rare games that has loads of easter egg bosses and runs, and some challenging dungeons, so plenty to do! :)
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!