Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Raid » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 pm

I don't remember the animations for the spiders being particularly good. It's that lazy animation without the inverse kinematics where the individual legs animate but don't conform to the surface they're on. Still, the ones on Dathomir were an absolute pain in the arse to fight, and I can't imagine being unsettled by the monster type would do you any favours.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:48 pm

Apart from being a complete vom-fest with movement sickness, I remember Skyrim VR giving me an almighty dose of the Heebs. Fucking giant spiders in VR is no joke...

Well, not fucking them fucking them. You lot know what I mean...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:49 pm

Knowing Skyrim, there's probably a mod for that.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:58 pm

You made me google it.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/24 ... %E2%95%B1/

There are four methods by which the ES effect can be applied to the player or a follower:

Spider spit attacks can trigger tentacle attacks - the chance of attack is configurable via the ES MCM(disabled by default as its unimmersive)
Spider spit attacks can trigger paralyze attacks - the chance of attack is configurable via the ES MCM
Sexlab scenes involving a Spider triggered by another mod
Sexlab scenes involving a Spider Penis from SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing
ES+ scenes triggered by other mods through mod events
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:35 am

:shock:

:-&
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:36 pm

Wtf have I started?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:48 pm

Rossell wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Wtf have I started?
A spider fetish site apparently :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:58 pm

The Master Chief Collection
Got the urge to play a bit of Halo so downloaded this behemoth as you can't pick which title you want.

Started with Reach and while I still maintain its probably the best entry it's definitely showing its age and has a few too many cut sequences. Nice the way it flows straight into Halo CE which I've just started. The modernised controls and visuals make it surprisingly good fun as you cut a swath through the alien scum even on the higher difficulty levels.

Gave the multiplayer a very brief go and its still horrible...

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:00 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:48 pm
Rossell wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Wtf have I started?
A spider fetish site apparently :lol:
Still better than Praise World!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Haven't had much time to game recently, and when I do I often can't muster the energy/enthusiasm to do so...

However, I have been really enjoying Control, particularly now that I ditched the dismal performance of the PS4 version and have been playing it on PC. Feels pretty old school with modern sparkle.

I've also been playing some of the original Splinter Cell. Fuck me, I both love and hate it! Younger me loved the spectacle of the oil rig level, current me loathed its awful design, annoying bugs, and generally poor mission overall. Still, the embassy mission before it was still great fun and I'm looking forward to the CIA one again too. Once I finish this one I'll be moving on to Chaos Theory, which I have never finished.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:20 pm

The bank job in Chaos Theory remains one of my favourite Stealth game missions to this day.
Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:58 pm
The Master Chief Collection
Got the urge to play a bit of Halo so downloaded this behemoth as you can't pick which title you want.

Started with Reach and while I still maintain its probably the best entry it's definitely showing its age and has a few too many cut sequences. Nice the way it flows straight into Halo CE which I've just started. The modernised controls and visuals make it surprisingly good fun as you cut a swath through the alien scum even on the higher difficulty levels.

Gave the multiplayer a very brief go and its still horrible...
I've been co-oping the collection over the last year or so and I really enjoyed playing through Reach and CE. We just finished Halo 2 though and that was a real slog. The punishing legendary difficulty addition that forces you to restart a checkpoint if even only one of you dies coupled with some frankly brutal insta kill enemy combinations was just way too frustrating to enjoy.

Halo 3 remains my favourite though, I feel like Bungie were firing on all cylinders for that one.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:07 pm

3 was easily the best of the Bungie games. As good a story as Halo games get, some brilliant set pieces and some great additions to the arsenal. I found Reach to be a pretty disappointing follow-up, I don't think I ever played it more than once.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm

ManBearSquid wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:09 pm
…I'll be moving on to Chaos Theory, which I have never finished.
I think Chaos Theory might be the last old school stealth game made. I haven’t really come across anything else that reminds me of old Thief\Splinter Cell. I remember the bank level, Displaced PMC HQ, and the bathhouse as some of my fav levels. Near the end it gets a bit tough (yay I can save the game anywhere) but it still has its moments.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:32 am

Abs_McBain wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm
ManBearSquid wrote:
I think Chaos Theory might be the last old school stealth game made. I haven’t really come across anything else that reminds me of old Thief\Splinter Cell. I remember the bank level, Displaced PMC HQ, and the bathhouse as some of my fav levels. Near the end it gets a bit tough (yay I can save the game anywhere) but it still has its moments.
Yeah Chaos Theory was peak Splinter Cell for me, the very best. Some of the later ones were also superb (not the one set in the daytime), but Chaos Theory was the pinnacle.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 am

Snowy wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:32 am
Abs_McBain wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm
ManBearSquid wrote:
Yeah Chaos Theory was peak Splinter Cell for me, the very best. Some of the later ones were also superb (not the one set in the daytime), but Chaos Theory was the pinnacle.
Agreed, Chaos Theory was the best, before the series went off the rails a bit for me. Blacklist was a return to form though.