Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
eny

Re: Currently Playing

Post by eny » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:14 pm

I loved the first game because stealth really rewarded you the better got at it....top quality arse gripping, and well worth the learning curve....once it grips you it is fantastic. The second really polished things up with story flow, just fantastic games indeed.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 pm

eny wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:14 pm
I loved the first game because stealth really rewarded you the better got at it....top quality arse gripping, and well worth the learning curve....once it grips you it is fantastic. The second really polished things up with story flow, just fantastic games indeed.
Success with stealth is a bit hit and miss (although I'm getting better at it)... case in point, when I loaded my last save and had forgotten I'd swapped throwable items. I isolated a guard, killed the lights, snuck up behind him... then threw a grenade which bounced off the back of his head, alerting him, then ricocheted back and blew up in my face :lol:

Not my finest hour.

Can't think of one

Post by Can't think of one » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am
Metro Last Light Redux

I bounced off the first game for reasons I can't quite recall now - I think perhaps I went in with expectations of it being like Stalker but the tight environments and jump-scares put me off - but despite that it's been a series I really wanted to force myself to get into because of the acclaim from all quarters. I could have gone back to the first game, but I spotted this on sale for £2 so I decided to jump straight into the sequel.

I haven't played masses, an hour or thereabouts maybe, but am really enjoying it. I suck at the stealth so that what I presume is intended as an intense, sneaky escape sequence rapidly devolves into me throwing a knife at someone, being spotted by their mate and then finding a corner to cower in while soldiers charge at me guns blazing while I gradually pick them off, but still, having fun and think will stick with this one.

Oh, and can I say it was a supreme act of trolling to make me spend ages thinking about the balance of my starting load-out, debating weapon mods and swapping them in and out until I had something I was happy with... only for it all to be taken away from me less than five minutes later :lol:
About five hours in now and... holy shit this is really good!

Mystified as to why I bounced off the first game, I'm loving this and will certainly go back and re-install 2033 when I'm finished.
I loved it...until I got the bad ending! I got the bad ending for the first game too because I was unaware of the moral point system and so I tried really hard to gain as many as moral points for last light as possible and I still got the bad ending :lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Can't think of one wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am
Metro Last Light Redux

I bounced off the first game for reasons I can't quite recall now - I think perhaps I went in with expectations of it being like Stalker but the tight environments and jump-scares put me off - but despite that it's been a series I really wanted to force myself to get into because of the acclaim from all quarters. I could have gone back to the first game, but I spotted this on sale for £2 so I decided to jump straight into the sequel.

I haven't played masses, an hour or thereabouts maybe, but am really enjoying it. I suck at the stealth so that what I presume is intended as an intense, sneaky escape sequence rapidly devolves into me throwing a knife at someone, being spotted by their mate and then finding a corner to cower in while soldiers charge at me guns blazing while I gradually pick them off, but still, having fun and think will stick with this one.

Oh, and can I say it was a supreme act of trolling to make me spend ages thinking about the balance of my starting load-out, debating weapon mods and swapping them in and out until I had something I was happy with... only for it all to be taken away from me less than five minutes later :lol:

Mystified as to why I bounced off the first game, I'm loving this and will certainly go back and re-install 2033 when I'm finished.
I loved it...until I got the bad ending! I got the bad ending for the first game too because I was unaware of the moral point system and so I tried really hard to gain as many as moral points for last light as possible and I still got the bad ending :lol:
I don't know how you accrue moral points, but I will say I've panickingly mown down at least three people who tried to surrender to me already, as I didn't realise until bullets were already flying what they were trying to do :lol:

Bad ending for me I reckon...

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:46 pm

I started playing KoToR 1 over the weekend again. Still great fun.

Also been playing Mount Your Friends and Human: Fall Flat with a couple of friends and both great for a laugh.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Human: Fall Flat is a lot of fun with friends. Spent more time throwing people off edges than trying to complete the levels. :D

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:46 pm

We may have done plenty of that too :D

Can't think of one

Post by Can't think of one » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 pm
Can't think of one wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Sly Boots wrote:

I don't know how you accrue moral points, but I will say I've panickingly mown down at least three people who tried to surrender to me already, as I didn't realise until bullets were already flying what they were trying to do :lol:

Bad ending for me I reckon...
You get moral points for doing lots of different things such as listening to NPC conversations, talking to certain NPCs, giving bullets to beggars, sparing certain characters etc When you get a moral point the screen slightly flashes and you can hear what sounds like a distant scream. It was easy to get the good ending (on my second playthrough) on 2033 but last light not so much. You needed a lot of moral points to get the good ending for last light

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Going through my backlog I decided to play Far: Lone Sails last night.

Really good soundtrack and I do love the artstyle but pretty short game time. But I did enjoy the time playing it even if the puzzles were pretty minimal. Worth a buy if you see it on sale but don't watch it on youtube on it as I think it would spoil the experience.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:40 pm

So I thought I would replay Dragon Age: Inquisition, found a good deal for the DLC so seeing as it's been, what, three or four years since I played it last I figured what the hell.

Shortly after finishing it the first time playing a daggers rogue I tried replaying a few times, as a mage, warrior and archer and all those combat style, for want of a better word, suck. So rather than try to persist with something I knew I wouldn't enjoy I went with a daggers rogue once again.

The first thing I will say is... jesus christ the story is dull. I mean, I've played it and I know it gets better so I'll push through, but whose idea was it to make the first 20-30 hours of story so boring? Combined with an opening map so large and uninteresting it feels like hiking across Belgium in real time I'm amazed anyone made it far enough to get to the actually good stuff.

What went wrong?

Dragon Age Origins - an unending tide of evil is sweeping over the land, you join a venerable order by drinking demon blood so you can combat the threat led by a fricking demon dragon, while seeking revenge on the guy who killed your king and (depending on which origin you went with) someone else close to you. Boom.

DA2 - don't get me wrong, DA2 had its own problems and I've ranted about those in the past, but you know what, despite those I've replayed it to completion at least three times. Because the fundamental idea, of inhabiting this one city for a decade and influencing key events is a good one, and the larger story is interesting in and of itself for the most part.

DAI - the pope done got blowed up, try to find out who did it while arguing about matters of religious policy with the church. Blah blah Chantry, blah blah templars, blah blah Divine Justinia... who cares about this crap? And of all the DAO characters you retained, you went with Leliana? The one party character who bored me to almost literal tears in the first game and who I've subsequently ignored on every replay. At least Varric from DA2 is in it, but they've tried hard to slap him with the boring bug as well. I've tried to read some of the flavour text and lore you find in books etc scattered about, but after a few words my eyes glaze over. I only click on them now for the 50xp you get. That's twice as much as I get for killing a goddamned bear, and I assume that's a reflection of how much endurance and fortitude each respective task requires.

I'll keep playing because I know it gets more interesting as you progress, but hard to believe such experienced devs made a game that's such a chore to play at the start... and by start you mean the first 20+ hours. Astonishing.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Why would you put yourself through this Sly, so many massively superior games you could be playing. :)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:45 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 pm
Why would you put yourself through this Sly, so many massively superior games you could be playing. :)
It's become a battle of wills -_-

I do know that it comes into its own post-Hinterlands, but egads getting there is a chore.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 am

Been enjoying GW2, and also re-installed Last Light which I will try and break into at some point.

Really enjoying GW2 as well, nice to just bimble around. Plenty of things to keep you occupied, so you just drift from thing to thing, be it working out how to reach a vista, taking part in world events, or just exploring. The maps aren't as nice as WoW, not so much of a sense of place to them, but having a great time with it regardless.

@Sly, happy to hook up for a GW bimble any time mate.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 am

Snowy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 am
Been enjoying GW2, and also re-installed Last Light which I will try and break into at some point.

Really enjoying GW2 as well, nice to just bimble around. Plenty of things to keep you occupied, so you just drift from thing to thing, be it working out how to reach a vista, taking part in world events, or just exploring. The maps aren't as nice as WoW, not so much of a sense of place to them, but having a great time with it regardless.

@Sly, happy to hook up for a GW bimble any time mate.
Yeah, same really. When I was tooling around with my dad we did voice comms through Skype, but I'm also set up on the forum Discord channel now, so whatever works best. I had a quick squiz at my contacts list a week or so back, so post or PM your ID and I'll add you. :)

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Snowy.9316 :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=