Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Raid » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Yeah, I can't disagree with that assessment. Star Wars just hits all of my aesthetic buttons, so the game absolutely gets extra points for replicating the look and style of the franchise.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Played a tiny bit more of Call of Pripyat. It's still chugging a bit even after changing resolution and disabling stuff. Went towards some shooting and barking noises, got eaten by a pack of wild dogs. The gun you start with seems to be loaded with marshmallows :?

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:22 pm

The Division 2

Went into a sewer, Found a bunch of makeshift tents and sleeping bags. Rummaged through some backpacks and took everything inside. Walked round a corner and two chaps were talking to each other without noticing me. The game tagged them as red "thieving civilians" so I shotgunned both.

I'm the good guy.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Having a great time with Skyrim all over again. I just love the blank canvas approach to the game world, despite the rough edges - I'm doing all sorts of stuff I'd never done before despite already playing 100 hours of it in the past.

I'm roleplaying a hard-as-nails brute this time round, so I've joined the Companions and I'm not against the idea of the Empire being in control. Had no idea 2-handed combat was so much fun! A lot of timing required but it's worth it for all the hilarious damage you can do with the right perks.

Graphics are on medium because of my old GPU, but I'm using a couple of loot mods to spice things up a bit, and the UI mod of course.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 pm

Black Mesa

Did we really spend this long crawling through air conditioning vents back in the day?

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:28 pm

We sure did. Happy times.

It's a trend that seems to have survived into current day not unlike its ugly cousin the exploding barrel.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 am

It's almost been enough to put me off to be honest; there's just so much of it in Office Complex, tediously holding W for thirty seconds at a time as you inch your way through an empty four-polygon tunnel. Very occasionally they'll stick a headcrab in there that you can hit once with your crowbar.

Honestly my favourite thing about Black Mesa so far has been standing on the railing of that slowly descending freight lift as headcrabs pour down from above. If you stand in the right place, they'll all jump directly into the electrified water below and kill themselves. That and the line a scientist utters when you're messing with the stuff on their desk; "Has anybody actually seen your PHD?"

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Just finished Jedi Fallen Order - i really enjoyed this - a much more forgiving souls style game with some great combat, movement, ambiance, and a passable story!

I gather a sequel has been approved - hopefully more of the same!
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Quick Q, is black mesa free these days or do we have to pay now?

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 pm
Quick Q, is black mesa free these days or do we have to pay now?
You have to pay for it.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Just Cause 4

Meh

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Just Cause 2 was bordering on perfect, I loved that game. But I've heard about so many issues with the subsequent 2 games, I've yet to play them.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:40 am

JC4 just feels off. These games were always just about blowing shit up in fun and entertaining ways, tear assing around the world in vehicle's and finding collectables. Now it has an overly complex UI, tedious map management shite and no stuff to look for in the world (that I've seen so far). I'll keep plugging away at it to see if there's a hidden gem in this turd.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 am

Personally I don't think the Just Cause games are that different, it is just a formula that has major diminishing returns so each subsequent release feels worse.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Oh my god. Anyone who is missing the lack of F1 should do themselves a favour and buy Motorsport Manager (available for £6.50 from Instant-gaming.com). Even as someone with no interest in the sport, who can't drive and has little interest in cars, I am thoroughly hooked, and have done almost literally nothing else for the past two days.

Highly recommended.