Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
eny

Re: Currently Playing

Post by eny » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:08 pm

The "Target Fuhrer" mission in SE4 is fantastic fun, I think there are 12 different ways to get him!
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:38 pm

Hitman 3 RTX update, yeah it looks nic - *2060 explodes*.

I should have expected that.

(Its fine. Maybe if I lowered the res to 900p...)

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 am

Alan wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:29 am
Horizon Forbidden West
It’s good but Aloy is annoying me with her “only I can save the world” stuff. No doubt she will realise that it takes more than her later on but it feels out of character for her to be so pig headed.
Finished it, the main story at least, still have a bunch of side quests to go back to. Another great game! Her pigheadednes does kind of go away for the most part after the first few hours and though I don’t think the story was quite as compelling as the first game it’s still very good and mostly well written with good characters and non-generic side quests. I really like how organic the quests can be in that you can complete them before even receiving them just by stumbling on them in the open world. It’s also a beautiful game, even on the PS4 Pro it looks amazing, better than most current gen games.

I haven’t made up my mind if I’ll go back and mop up all the side quests not by any fault of the game it’s just something I rarely bother with these days. Anyone that loved the first I’m pretty sure will have a blast here. It is more of the same without a huge number of additions to the gameplay but it’s still very fun and compelling and I look forward to the third game!

I kind of wish Guerrilla would make a multiplayer monster Hunter clone from this. I kind of hate the monster Hunter combat and the general janky garbage that is the series mainstay but the Horizon combat and polish would be great fun in that type of context.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:38 am
ManBearSquid wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:32 pm
My pace with games these days is fairly glacial. I'll wait until it's on a reasonable sale.
Do as I did pick up the previous outing in the meantime, I'm about halfway through it myself at the moment and having a great experience. All yours for £7.99.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/sniper- ... eam-cd-key

Includes the following dlc
Sniper Elite 4 - Season Pass
Sniper Elite 4 - Target Führer
Sniper Elite 4 - Camouflage Rifles Skin Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Silent Warfare Weapons Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Covert Heroes Character Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Allied Forces Rifle Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Deathstorm Part 1: Inception
Sniper Elite 4 - Night Fighter Expansion Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Deathstorm Part 2: Infiltration
Sniper Elite 4 - Urban Assault Expansion Pack
Sniper Elite 4 - Cold Warfare Winter Expansion Pack
Just caved and bought this from GMG for £7.60. Looking forward to giving it a bash in the near future.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Most excellent purchase. Just so happens I uploaded some of my own current playtime few minutes ago. Have a looksie......

Enjoy the game! :mrgreen:
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:53 pm

5 is even better in every way.

Reinstalled The Division 2 on a whim after getting the Warlords of New York dlc. It returns you to NY but this time it's summer and everything you achieved in the first game has gone to hell. They aren't the best games by any means but are still good fun, the map is still one of the best detailed in the Ghost Recon series. Side streets piled with body bags and wreaked cars with rats everywhere make it a real hellscape. Ubisoft really know how to make a map look good. I'm playing solo which surprisingly works pretty well but I'd imagine it's much better with co-op.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:49 am

You need to get that difficulty turned up Ken, get shot of those enemy silhouettes etc :) The Sniper Elite series is one of those best played with the difficulty ramped right up (although I do like to keep the 'bullet will hit here' marker on my scope) IMO.

Subbed you anyhow ;)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Snowy wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:49 am
You need to get that difficulty turned up Ken, get shot of those enemy silhouettes etc :)
Appreciate the sub my man.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:20 pm

I'm completed the first level of Sniper Elite 4 and this is very much my thing. Playing on Hard and it feels like a good difficulty for me for initial runs of levels. Maybe afterwards I'll use the custom options.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:27 pm

Snowy and I finished Sniper Elite 5. It's pretty good, maybe a bit janky in places (AI being inconsistent, invisible walls and things you clearly ought to be able to mantle over but can't, the odd sound bug), and it only really has 8 missions instead of the 9 it lists on the mission select screen which was a bit of a disappointment as we thought we had another hour or two left (I'm not referring to the DLC), but the missions themselves are extravagant and fairly open. The last proper mission is a real warzone in a bombed out city, with enemies coming from every angle (it's nigh on impossible to stealth through it, just because of the sheer number of Germans spotting you).

I don't know whether co-op made the game easier or harder, I think there are always going to be moments where your partner triggers an alarm accidentally (or blows up the irresistible fuel tanker while you're crouching next to it ¬_¬), but I always enjoy co-ordinated takedowns on multiple enemies and I'd absolutely recommend it as a shared game.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:41 pm

I'm just on the last level now, can't go 2 feet without some wanker spotting you! I invaded another players game earlier but I think he must of spotted me from the start and lead me into an ambush and killed me.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Raid wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:27 pm
Snowy and I finished Sniper Elite 5. It's pretty good, maybe a bit janky in places (AI being inconsistent, invisible walls and things you clearly ought to be able to mantle over but can't, the odd sound bug), and it only really has 8 missions instead of the 9 it lists on the mission select screen which was a bit of a disappointment as we thought we had another hour or two left (I'm not referring to the DLC), but the missions themselves are extravagant and fairly open. The last proper mission is a real warzone in a bombed out city, with enemies coming from every angle (it's nigh on impossible to stealth through it, just because of the sheer number of Germans spotting you).

I don't know whether co-op made the game easier or harder, I think there are always going to be moments where your partner triggers an alarm accidentally (or blows up the irresistible fuel tanker while you're crouching next to it ¬_¬), but I always enjoy co-ordinated takedowns on multiple enemies and I'd absolutely recommend it as a shared game.
I've read some internet rumblings from the fanbase based on some of the things that you've mentioned and there appears to be quite a few folk that prefer 4 over 5, but the general consensus seems that it's still very good.

My personal experience with 4, so far, has been very positive, AI included. The only shortcoming that I've noticed with it was when I purposely dropped a guy's body next to my death-hedge in order to bait his mate into investigating, only the mate was unfased by this either due to being a completely stereotypical heartless nazi soldier, or because his pal's head was in the brush and the game decided that meant total concealment. Dunno.

It's very Hitman-esque, albeit without as many crazy ways to dispatch of your targets, and this sits very well with me. The whole noise masking aspect is super fun and I do love causing a distraction to bring my target out into the open.

Once I've cleared the game solo, I'd definitely be up for some co-op if anyone is game. I likely won't grab 5 at full price, but even a reasonable sale price would be good for me. This team deserve some support.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 am

Selaco
Retro-modern fps built on the GZDoom engine. There’s a demo for it on the steam event thingy and it’s very cool. It looks cracking and has a bunch of very neat stuff going on. Very impressive that it’s a gzdoom engine game. The enemies are dull and the level design is kind of bad though so I’ve enjoyed it as a curiosity that unless there’s big changes I wouldn’t bother with the full game. It also commits the capital crime of having a bad shotgun.

Chorvs
First peeve, are we supposed to call it chorus? Why’s the v in there? Is it stylistic or…? Bah!
It feels like freelancer but without the loot. It’s quite fun but I got annoyed by the VO and and it doesn’t seem like there’s much depth to any of it so I can’t see me sticking with it.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:06 pm

Alan wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 am
Chorvs
First peeve, are we supposed to call it chorus? Why’s the v in there? Is it stylistic or…? Bah!
It feels like freelancer but without the loot. It’s quite fun but I got annoyed by the VO and and it doesn’t seem like there’s much depth to any of it so I can’t see me sticking with it.
Trivia: V and U were the same letter in Latin - guess that's why it's there

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:53 pm

arqueturus wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:06 pm
Alan wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 am
Chorvs
Trivia: V and U were the same letter in Latin - guess that's why it's there
Well it doesnt earn such pretension ;)