Steam, Deals & More.
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Currently Playing

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Alan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:47 am
Hades
I don’t think I like this much. In fact I think I much prefer curse of the dead gods. The art and the copious voice lines are fantastic to the point of never hearing a repeated line so far. I’m finding the playing of it quite tedious though and the boss fights are just dull damage sponges. I’ll keep going for a bit longer but I’m really not feeling the crazy adoration it’s been getting

Pokémon Unite
So I may have bought a switch again because someone said Dota Pokémon and I am aware it’s coming to iOS in a month but I’m impulsive. It’s good…..ish. It’s very much a mobile game but it’s also quite unashamedly a moba and it has some more depth than I expected. 2 lanes, no shop, has jungle and a roshan of sorts. Currently liking Snorlax. Not sure I’ll play it long term but I’ll play it for a while longer.

The Outer World
So this is what it would be like if Bethesda upgraded their tech!
I've only played a bit of Curse of the Dead Gods but I think I might agree with you. I have played quite a lot of Pokemon Unite and have rather enjoyed it. I really like that matches are only 10 minutes long. The pay to win stuff is gross but I can mostly ignore it and use it as an excuse when I get killed.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Psychonauts 2
Gave this a quick whirl, decided it was very nice but not for me and uninstalled. The constant transition from gameplay to cut scene every few minutes really started to get on my nerves to the point where I just quit. I also never played the original so have no history with this game but the art style and what little I was able to play was pretty good.

I also tried Hades and while it was very cool I just couldn't get into it either.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:56 am

I don’t recall that many cutscenes in Psychonauts 1, you might be better off playing that game instead.
While my PC can run stuff like Cyberpunk with RTX I’ve been loading Nuclear Throne instead. After 130 deaths I’ve finally finished one run. I got some of the most crazy and downright stupid (unfair) level generations but I somehow got the throne. Thank you super bazooka.

Also been playing on my PS3, MGS4. I needed a reminder of how annoyingly prophetic this game is.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:40 am

Animalmother wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:44 pm
Psychonauts 2
Gave this a quick whirl, decided it was very nice but not for me and uninstalled. The constant transition from gameplay to cut scene every few minutes really started to get on my nerves to the point where I just quit. I also never played the original so have no history with this game but the art style and what little I was able to play was pretty good.

I also tried Hades and while it was very cool I just couldn't get into it either.
I am with you on both of those. I also never played Psychonauts back in the day and didn't see where the appeal lay in the new one if I am honest.

Hades I kinda enjoyed but sadly it reinforced for me that I just don't get roguelikes, and was soon put down.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 am

FWIW Psychonauts 1 was one of my favourite games and I'm very much enjoying the sequel thus far.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:51 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 am
FWIW Psychonauts 1 was one of my favourite games and I'm very much enjoying the sequel thus far.
That's good - certainly it is getting good reviews. I was never much into platformers so that, along with the lack of experiencing the original, made the sequel a stretch for snagging my interest. That is not to pass any kind of judgement on the title though, purely my tastes.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

First ever playthrough of System Shock 2.

I'm enjoying it, although I think I definitely prefer other immersive sim games (e.g. Thief, Deus Ex). I am finding some of its systems a bit irritating - particularly how often your guns need repairing. Atmosphere is cool, but has less effect when you've already played its spiritual sequels!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:57 pm

I think the first mod I ever installed for a game was to stop the weapons in System Shock 2 degrading. Not only was it not fun, but it happened unrealistically fast. The ammo limitation was sufficient.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:01 pm

I'm on the Rickenbacker now and I kind of want it to be over already, it feels like a very much tacked on ending section.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 pm

Also, I've heard how I'm a 'remarkable example of a pathetic species' about 20x now.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Ah, the body of the many.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:21 pm

The end of the game is hilarious. WTF? :lol: :lol:

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:26 am

I remember that.

"Nah."

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:46 am

You go through the body of the many to its 'core', have a hilariously underwhelming boss fight there (literally requires 3 shots and the many is/are dead), then go through a quick section made by SHODAN, after which you hack 3 things in another 'boss fight', fire 3 more shots and it's over. Such a weak ending. The 'nah' was funny but a bit weird too. It really seems like they ran out of time/money.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 am

It’s the greatest silent protagonist to voiced protagonist swing in all of gaming. It’s why Gordon will never speak because valve knows they can’t beat it.

Curious, did you mute the music? It’s a strange one because I think the soundtrack is great but absolutely shit in the context if the game.

Pew-Pew wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:46 am
The 'nah' was funny but a bit weird too. It really seems like they ran out of time/money.
Didnt they lose the original ending and have to piece one together from what they had? Something like that I think.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.