Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Snowy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:07 pm

Alan wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 am
Chorvs
First peeve, are we supposed to call it chorus? Why’s the v in there? Is it stylistic or…? Bah!
It feels like freelancer but without the loot. It’s quite fun but I got annoyed by the VO and and it doesn’t seem like there’s much depth to any of it so I can’t see me sticking with it.
Certain black metal types like to use V in silly ways, things might be termed kvlt or trve, and Ov makes many an appearance. Generally it is all a bit daft though. Also I don't read Chorvs as Chorus, instead it is just Chorvs which makes no sense and sounds shit.

Silliness example:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Edinburgh actually does it too. Their logo on touristy things and parking tickets is Edinbvrgh. Never actually knew why till now. Something new every day. Its still daft though.

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/site/dist/ ... h-logo.svg
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:57 pm

Alan wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:53 pm
arqueturus wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:06 pm
Alan wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 am
Chorvs
First peeve, are we supposed to call it chorus? Why’s the v in there? Is it stylistic or…? Bah!
It feels like freelancer but without the loot. It’s quite fun but I got annoyed by the VO and and it doesn’t seem like there’s much depth to any of it so I can’t see me sticking with it.
Trivia: V and U were the same letter in Latin - guess that's why it's there
Well it doesnt earn such pretension ;)
It has a very serious trailer. I watched and thought "it's a game about flying and shooting stuff". :D

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 pm

I've only played the opening couple of hours of Chorvs, but I've quite enjoyed it so far.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:15 pm

Outriders

Preparing myself for the Worldslayer dlc drop come the 30th, if I join a random group I end up with 20 million damage while they are dishing out closer to 90 million. It's kind of ridiculous how underpowered I feel even at the current end game point I'm now at, like how, how do people possibly have builds that fucking powerful and I'm there shooting out carrot bits or something. Am I being nerfed somehow?

I guess it's the nature of such games it does have crossplay and it's all console players games I'm joining, I'm a bit of filthy casual and quite probably crap at the game. :lol:

Eight days to grind to fix my build and get any remaining legendaries I don't have what scares me is if I am struggling to keep up now god help me with the new dlc.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm

Won’t the first drop off the new dlc just make so those legionaries shite like in every other games like this?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 am

Alan wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm
Won’t the first drop off the new dlc just make so those legionaries shite like in every other games like this?
The developers have said they will be buffing some of the older legendaries when the expansion comes out.

I really enjoyed Outriders, think it was criminally underated last year but the end game was not very fun so I didn't play much after finishing the story. I still got a good 20-30 hours of fun out of the game though.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am

I'm actually playing through this for the first time at the minute. Love the setting and the voice acting, I'm not sure why this has such a bad rep, I've enjoyed it far more than Destiny 2 and I'm no fan of 3rd person usually.

I've got to around world tier 7/8 with each class to get a flavour of things and I do enjoy the main gameplay loop and the story. I do wish crafting was a bit more user friendly and obvious but once you get that you can start to work on builds.

I think the worse part for me so far is coping with the 6/7 world tier change - that seems to ramp up the difficulty severely and made some of my builds useless - this is in all classes.
Last edited by arqueturus on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:27 am

arqueturus wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am
I'm actually playing through this for the first time at the minute. Love the setting and the voice acting, I'm not sure why this has such a bad rep, I've enjoyed it far more than Destiny 2 and I'm no fan of 3rd person usually.

I've got to around world tier 7/8 with each class to get a flavour of things and I do enjoy the main gameplay loop and the story. I do wish crafty was a bit more user friendly and obvious but once you get that you can start to work on builds.

I think the worse part for me so far is coping with the 6/7 world tier change - that seems to ramp up the difficulty severely and made some of my builds useless - this is in all classes.
I think it was because people thought it was a standard cover shooter. I don't think the demo does it any favours as you play through the intro which isn't a good barometer of what the game is like.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 am

I played it when it first came out on Game Pass. I made the mistake of playing it like a cover shooter and had a mare of a time. I eventually had to keep dialing back on the levels and it became a very mundane experience. As you said that's probably what most people did and I've not much interest in going back to it.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:15 am

Technically it is a cover shooter I guess but you use whatever class to play in a style to both kill the bads and replenish health. The Trickster works really well for it but I really struggle with the Pyromancer.

I suppose it's designed to stop the endless avoidance of damage. I think the... Technomancer is the one that plays most like a cover shooter as long range kills regenerate health.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 am

I figured out last night I believe I have been hit by the games downscaling lowering my weapons and gear made a substantial difference, I'm World Tier 15 but can't shake the notion my build is a bit of a mess. Been thinking of starting a new Pyro currently playing Trickster.

A shame then the game had the abysmal launch it did as it's generally one of the more interesting new ip's with lots of potential, not something you normally say when you know it's attached to Square Enix. I'd certainly pick up each new dlc as it comes with little hesitation as I once did Destiny before they fucked it all up, it's the power fantasy game I hoped Anthem would be in a sense. As arqueturus said the demo really did the game dirty I'm glad I eventually took a chance on it when I did.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:24 am

Lennyquantum wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 am
I figured out last night I believe I have been hit by the games downscaling lowering my weapons and gear made a substantial difference, I'm World Tier 15 but can't shake the notion my build is a bit of a mess. Been thinking of starting a new Pyro currently playing Trickster.

A shame then the game had the abysmal launch it did as it's generally one of the more interesting new ip's with lots of potential, not something you normally say when you know it's attached to Square Enix. I'd certainly pick up each new dlc as it comes with little hesitation as I once did Destiny before they fucked it all up, it's the power fantasy game I hoped Anthem would be in a sense. As arqueturus said the demo really did the game dirty I'm glad I eventually took a chance on it when I did.
Can you not just respec and then craft in new mods?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:35 pm

I picked up Suzerain in the Steam sale and have finished it a couple of times now. You play as the president of a fictional eastern-bloc country trying to manage and develop the nation, but it’s a narrative game rather than a strategy game, where all you ultimately do is have conversations with people and then make decisions. It’s a great way of allowing you to play politics, with a huge scope of possibilities and consequences for your choices that range from subtle backstabbing to sudden crises. If there was a Soviet version of the West Wing that was made into a game, this would be it.

The writing is admittedly a bit wonky at times, but that seems to be mostly due to the translation and it’s not that terrible. Having played through it twice now, I also noticed lots of repeated text for very different styles of play, although it’s surprising how some dialogue comes across totally differently depending on the context. There is enough choice to warrant multiple playthroughs - I played my first president as an idealistic Corbyn-style reformist who tanked the economy and eventually got betrayed by his whole party and was given the boot, whereas my second president was a misogynistic dictator and all-round ratbastard who used bribery, intimidation, police brutality, military expansionism and media censorship to achieve national prosperity and a glorious second term. Public health, education and basic human rights got binned along the way, but if I learned anything it’s that tyrannical lunacy paves the way to success.

Well worth a few quid and several hours to see how well you can ruin a country. :lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Sounds like a bit of a gem, bought :)