Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Snowy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:56 pm
Ah, I played the one set in South of France with the geezer twat constantly talking to you.
Sadly it is the law that all driving games have vile dudebro voice-overs, Forza 4 is the same. Thankfully, the interruption from them is minimal leaving you to enjoy tear-arsing around in wonderful automotive exotica on recognisably British roads. If you enjoy a good driving game you could do hugely worse, it really is a little cracker.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Was Dirt 2 the first game to introduce the obnoxious American voice over? I dont seem to remember it before then.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Need for Speed series had it as well.

Anoying game twat: "Dudeeee!!! Prepare to put da pedal to da metal, tear up the blacktop an score some serious bank, bro!!!"

Me: ...Pardon?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am

Snowy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm
Animalmother wrote:
Ah, I played the one set in South of France with the geezer twat constantly talking to you.
Sadly it is the law that all driving games have vile dudebro voice-overs, Forza 4 is the same. Thankfully, the interruption from them is minimal leaving you to enjoy tear-arsing around in wonderful automotive exotica on recognisably British roads. If you enjoy a good driving game you could do hugely worse, it really is a little cracker.
I read Animalmother's bit and thought I was in the Apprentice thread by mistake.

That fuckin' turtle has made itself known even in my cloistered social knowledge...
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:53 am

The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am
Snowy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm
Animalmother wrote:
I read Animalmother's bit and thought I was in the Apprentice thread by mistake.

That fuckin' turtle has made itself known even in my cloistered social knowledge...
"You're brave, just like me"

I actually quote this at least once a day -_-

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Back into playing World Of Tanks and it has changed a lot since I last played, about 2 years back. Quite a lot of improvements and took in the mods implementation for things like map awareness, being hit. Spruce upped graphics and sounds. Love the polish band that does Studziank map track, so much like Witcher :D

New maps to learn etc and sucking at them. But good to play a few games a night then do other stuff.

Also been playing Remnants: From The Ashes and finding it pretty good, co-op is fun but it's a shame it's 3 player as I'm usually in 4 squad play for most type of games. Runs flawless and some hiccups with de-sync at times but not really overly punishing in the combat stakes. Do like the new Adventure mode to let you just run around the areas and wack things with a sledgehammer :P
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Been playing a bit of Hades in recent days, now that it's out on Steam.

It's a beautifully crafted and super easy to pick up rogue like that just changes up every game through item drop randomisation. The artwork and sound and gameplay are all really great, and draw you in for a little more each time! :D
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 pm

elgaucho wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:24 pm
Been playing a bit of Hades in recent days, now that it's out on Steam.
Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking forward to this (though I'm still tempted to leave it until Early Access is over with). I adore the lavish visuals and particularly the soundtracks that Supergiant games have, but I've never really gotten on with the gameplay of a game since Bastion, and Hades looks much more like my thing.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking forward to this (though I'm still tempted to leave it until Early Access is over with). I adore the lavish visuals and particularly the soundtracks that Supergiant games have, but I've never really gotten on with the gameplay of a game since Bastion, and Hades looks much more like my thing.
I have to say, there's a lot of gameplay and content in there already!

Between the different gameplay styles that different weapons bring, the rogue like elements of unlocking upgrades, the rifts for better rewards, the gift system for the gods, and the whole charm of the thing, plus the randomised god boons i find that each play through is just slightly different, and yet very enjoyable.

I think it'll be my casual 15-20 mins hop in hop out for a while yet, when i don't have time for something more immersive. :D
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:06 pm

As well as Grim Dawn (which seems pretty fun in the hour or so I spent with it earlier), I also bought Everspace in the Steam sale for a few quid.

Ehh... this one is not for me, I think. In an hour of play my experience after the tutorial was:

beam to new sector->are those enemy ships?->dead
respawn->beam to new sector->ooh, some stuff to mine/loot over there->oh crap enemies just spawned in->dead
respawn->dead
respawn->new sector->dead

It feels like my ship isn't made of metal but instead soggy paper and crisp packets, and enemies only have to breath on it to make it spontaneously explode. I can't survive long enough to gather enough resources to level my ship in between respawns, so there's been practically zero progression for me.

It feels like this one was designed for masochists. Refund.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:06 pm
As well as Grim Dawn (which seems pretty fun in the hour or so I spent with it earlier)
The ONLY thing that bugs me about Grim Dawn is that sometimes it's a little overstatedly dark and brooding.

I always liked Titan Quest's open skies and greek landscapes, and even immortal throne managed to keep more of a dabble of colour in the palette than GD.

That said, mechanically, GD is wonderful, and plays off all the best of Titan Quest's gameplay.

If i thought i could commit to keeping up i'd almost certainly join you, but i just don't feel i'm in dark ARPG mode at the moment :-k
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
As well as Grim Dawn (which seems pretty fun in the hour or so I spent with it earlier), I also bought Everspace in the Steam sale for a few quid.

Ehh... this one is not for me, I think.
Whilst it isn't easy it's definitely not that hard. You have a time limit in each sector. If you spend too long there you get the unbeatable bad guys turn up.
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm
Sly Boots wrote:

Ehh... this one is not for me, I think.
Whilst it isn't easy it's definitely not that hard. You have a time limit in each sector. If you spend too long there you get the unbeatable bad guys turn up.
I wasn't lasting that long >_<

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Basically, my perfect space game is Freelancer. Why can't there be more games like that, or a remaster?

Nothing out there really scratches that itch.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Control
It’s pretty great!
The character movement put me off at first but once I got used to it it’s pretty great! Also gets the Twin Peaks humour down to a T.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.