Animalmother
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:52 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:48 pm
Animalmother wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 pm
It doesn't unfortunately. Don't forget to draw some wedding tackle wherever one finds enough space, your not playing it right otherwise.
My brother saw it on Steam and expressed amazement - he is not really a gamer, just a slave to Football Manager (2,789 hrs on record for the latest one, over 3000 for the last one). I said it was on Gamepass and canaried it for him.

First thing I did on my Whatsapp video to him was blast a cock and balls onto the starting van, then a pair of tits on the opposite side. It was simply not feasible to do anything else.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Just finished Stray on PS5.

Lovely little game. No real challenge to it but a good combination of a well told minimalist story, good level design and some basic but fun puzzles. Well worth the 5-6 hour campaign length. Plus, you get to knock stuff off shelves and be a general douchebag like all cats are. The animations and sound effects for your player character are really well done.

Very wholesome experience. Really enjoyed it.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:20 pm

Outriders

A vaguely interesting story that was dragged out too long with enjoyable thumpy mechanics. Suffers from ridiculous bullet sponge bads and after doing my first exhibition last night I think the endgame is just perma grind, whihc is a shame.

Still, it was on Gamepass so can't really grumble.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:30 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Lovely little game. No real challenge to it but a good combination of a well told minimalist story, good level design and some basic but fun puzzles. Well worth the 5-6 hour campaign length. Plus, you get to knock stuff off shelves and be a general douchebag like all cats are. The animations and sound effects for your player character are really well done.

Yeah, it's great. Been playing through it on my Youtube channel and it's been hard restricting myself to just 30 minutes a day! Somehow, knocking junk off shelves in people's homes never gets old.

Can't think of one

Post by Can't think of one » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:06 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Can you play with a mouse?

¬_¬

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:37 am

There's an update for Sniper Elite 5 available now. It adds a practice range and a new dlc map with extra weapons. Not sure if new weapons are in vanilla game.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:58 pm

I just recently finished all of Sniper Elite 4, including the dlcs. It was good fun, I really liked the game. I'll wait until 5 is on a bigger sale, mostly because I don't want to go straight from one to the other.

I returned to Mad Max, it's quite a long game, isn't it? I mean, it's good fun and all, but maybe could've been paced a bit better paced. Dunno, maybe it's just me and most open world games.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 pm

There's a little rogue-like called Vampire Survivors on Gamepass at the moment which I've found strangely compelling. On the face of it it's a little too simplistic, the only control you have is your character's movement, and you wander around the screen in 2D firing projectiles automatically on cooldown and picking up the little XP gems enemies drop. Every time you level up, you pick one of three or four upgrades, giving you either new projectiles or enhancing your existing ones. Enemies come thick and fast, to the point where there are frequently over a hundred on screen at a time. Most of them just make a beeline straight towards you, and the entire gameplay loop is trying to find gaps between them you can fit through, or when you're feeling powerful enough, circling them letting your projectiles deal with them. Occasionally you'll spy a delicious floor chicken to heal yourself, or kill one of the harder enemies that drop a loot box. You grab gold as you go, which allows you to permanently enhance your characters after a run.

I think it's only three quid if you buy it, but it's certainly worth a go if you're a GP subscriber.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:54 am

Vampire Survivors is good alright, maddeningly frustrating at times but still good. It's also being constantly updated with new characters, weapons and levels. There's probably twice as much content now than when I first started playing.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Well, fewer than 24 hours in and I've already almost gotten to the 30 minute mark.

That's the upgraded Garlic, Lightning Ring and Axes. The Knives are at level 8 too, but I hadn't unlocked the gauntlet to upgrade them, but did that on the next run (didn't get quite as far in, but killed 35000 enemies, about 10000 more than the one above).

Incidentally you can just about make out the absolutely amazing backing track to the Library level there. The soundtrack to this is excellent, and really matches the early 16-bit aesthetic.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:29 am

I saw a video of a guy getting to level 640 on one of the stages. Best I can manage is 140 :?

I always take the Attractorb, just makes collecting the XP so much easier. Also the whip is a good all rounder especially if your character doesn't start with an effective weapon.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:02 pm

Yeah, I did another run straight after that one, fully levelled the attract orb, and despite lasting for slightly less time, I was a good 15 levels higher by the end.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:45 pm

Garlic and attract orb then go make a coffee and let it play itself for the few minutes.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:56 pm

Giving the original Borderlands a retry. Its the updated version that plays on the new consoles at 60fps and the due to its graphical style its aged very well. Its probably one of my favorite games and is still good fun to play but I think it would be better in co-op as its easy to get overwhelmed in some areas when your on your own. I almost forgot how great the music is, it has an Old West/Middle Eastern/tribal sound to it that turns into Mongolian throat singing during combat, very unique sound.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Just finished Wasteland 3. I thought it was a big improvement on 2, not just in terms of the game mechanics and quest design, but in terms of the storytelling. I got properly fired up against the worst of the scumbags the game pits you against and enjoyed the brutal decisions you're frequently forced to make. It was a bit of a downer at the end, though, when despite my best efforts I think every last community in the wasteland ended in immediate or inevitable catastrophe. :lol: It'd be nice to believe that any sort of unequivocally positive outcome is possible, but I'm not sure it is.