Streets of Rage 4

Steam, Deals & More.
Paul

Re: Streets of Rage 4

Post by Paul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:53 pm
23rd of April release according to a eShop listing in Australia.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Just before you get too excited Paul. The release date is actually the 30th of April. So another week to go I'm afraid.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 am

That's fine. I've waited my whole damn life for this.

<___>

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 pm

So this was just added to both the XBox and PC versions of Gamepass, which is nice.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Played it for a bit and truth be told I found it very bland. Looks nice but gameplay is just too old school for my liking maybe. But it's on Gamepass so no money wasted. I guessing I'm not the best person to be giving an opinion on this but I did love the original games, 20 something years ago.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am

This is pretty much what I expected and wanted, there have been a few changes to the formula like the combo meter and the ability to get health back from a super attack which is a great change, but mostly it is the same game which is not an issue for me. There have been plenty of other brawlers that have tried to change up the formula, I'm happy that we have a better looking, slightly tweaked version of a great game. It is very similar to Sonic Mania from a few years ago, no need to mess with a great formula. I've already made my way through the game once and look forward to going back through with a different character.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun May 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Yeah I'm in the quickly bored camp. The look is fairly nice but the music (that Ive heard) is pretty shitty on the whole and for me that's the best thing SoR has going for it. I'd replay Golden Axe a hundred times - and have - but SoR was always a bit of a drab series. It just might not be for me.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon May 04, 2020 2:29 pm

If you were not into SoR then yeah you are not going to be into this. Almost finished my second play-through with SoR 1 Axel, despite losing the flexibility of the new special attacks and the double tap moves I've found it easier than my first play-through despite it being on the next difficulty level.