The Random Gaming Videos Thread

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: The Random Gaming Videos Thread

Post by Snowy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:44 pm

Marvellous :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:11 pm

Tribes III: Rivals Alpha...

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:59 pm

(Guess who forgot to set sprint toggle to ON)

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:58 am

There is an ongoing debate as to whether or not current day developers are using upscaling methods such as FSR XESS and DLSS as excuses to simply not properly optimise their games, and to this there is a very valid argument that they are. But, having said that for folk like me who are more leaning considerably toward being generations behind both in terms of GPU and CPU the inclusion of upscaling in newer games is nothing short of an absolute god send. Using FSR 2.2 in the above video btw.

You will even note me often just slowing down and studying the environments texture work and design and even though there is obviously a procedural generation technique at work it's creating areas that look pretty damn amazing. Just imagine these kinds of graphics being showcased only a few years ago - then consider that the majority of graphical settings I have set personally in the video are all set to the games much renowned 'Potato Mode'. It's quite impressive if not evidently so.

Spoiler
- edit: Apologies for the mic.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:27 am

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:06 pm

Obviously a parody of the shitshow that is the new Dragon's Dogma game.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 pm

Yikes, the reviews I’ve read gave no mention of microtransactions whatsoever. Looking at metacritic, people aren’t happy.

Really not sure about picking this one up after FF7, not least because I didn’t get on with the first Dragon’s Dogma at all.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:49 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 pm
Yikes, the reviews I’ve read gave no mention of microtransactions whatsoever. Looking at metacritic, people aren’t happy.

Really not sure about picking this one up after FF7, not least because I didn’t get on with the first Dragon’s Dogma at all.
Yep, the big issue with DD2 is that they implemented the MTX on launch without having mentioned them to any of the reviewers or content creators they sent codes to... it's extremely shitty practice imho, and seen a lot of vids on YT with people walking back their positive initial reaction to talk about them.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:19 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:49 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 pm

Yep, the big issue with DD2 is that they implemented the MTX on launch without having mentioned them to any of the reviewers or content creators they sent codes to... it's extremely shitty practice imho, and seen a lot of vids on YT with people walking back their positive initial reaction to talk about them.
It appears they did mention the MTX to reviewers, it was in the review guide but some either missed it, didn't read the guide, or for some reason didn't mention the MTX in their reviews. I do find it interesting that Capcom games have been doing this for a while but it has only blown up with Dragon's Dogma 2.