The For Sale, Swapping and Giveaway Thread

Steam, Deals & More.
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

The For Sale, Swapping and Giveaway Thread

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:46 pm

One of these is always handy to have about the forum.

So if you have anything you want shot of or need the cash for teh drugz or whatever. Or if you simply have an overwhelming desire to offload some stuff in exchange for someone else's stuff here's the very place to do it.

To start things off I have a spare Steam code for Space Marine if anyone wants it. It's due to expire at 1700 on Saturday so if you fancy it let me know before then.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: The For Sale, Swapping and Giveaway Thread

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Anyone fancy a copy of Total Annihilation on GOG?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 pm

No, but is that Space Marine code still available? :lol:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Ach you just missed it Sly. Better luck next time fella. :)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Aw, nuts, so near and yet so far :)

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Long time no see selling thread :-k

Long shot, dont suppose anyone is in the market for an Ipad Pro 11 2nd edition. 256gb, cellular with Apple Pencil and the official cactus coloured magnetic case. Boxes for everything and everything in near as new condition. £600 all in. Pics if interested.

I bought it with some notion I was going to sit down and learn how to draw but having had it a year and barely touched the bloody thing I dont think thats happening. :lol:

Bloody hate selling stuff like this on ebay!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Long shot but anyone interested in owning an unused vgood condition in white Wii U?
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:19 am

Alan wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Long shot, dont suppose anyone is in the market for an Ipad Pro 11 2nd edition. 256gb, cellular with Apple Pencil and the official cactus coloured magnetic case. Boxes for everything and everything in near as new condition. £600 all in. Pics if interested.

I bought it with some notion I was going to sit down and learn how to draw but having had it a year and barely touched the bloody thing I dont think thats happening. :lol:

Curious whether you've managed to sell this yet, Alan?

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:31 am

Mantis wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:19 am
Alan wrote:

Curious whether you've managed to sell this yet, Alan?
Nope. In fact after posting it here my procrastination kicked in and I still haven’t tried to off it anywhere else :lol: Open to offers if you’re interested.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 am

Sure, PM me some of the photos you mentioned and I'll have a think.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:47 pm

Alan wrote:

Oddly enough I ended up grabbing a iPad Pro 12.9 1st with Pencil too to learn with Procreate. Maybe its all down to which resources you use to learn drawing, I personally followed Steve Houston's guides on head construction from New Masters Academy and his processes are really detailed and easy to follow.
Maybe reconsider giving it another shot? It's worth mastering these things as I find it being more rewarding than just buying more stuff and games over the years.

If the human face\anatomy ain't your thing there are other courses on the site. Of course there are other means to obtain such stuff. ¬_¬

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:44 pm

Abs_McBain wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:47 pm
Maybe reconsider giving it another shot?
Too late :lol:

I think its either getting old or doing the night shift or both but I find it much harder these days to be in the mindset to sit and learn things, especially if I am as bad at them as I am at drawing. That said its probably something I'll pick up again at some point down the line but right now when I have free time and I'm in the mindset theres some other things Id rather be doing. Pro Create really is damn impressive software for just a tenner. Any other developer would be charging a fiver a month for it and theyd get it.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:44 pm
Pro Create really is damn impressive software for just a tenner. Any other developer would be charging a fiver a month for it and theyd get it.
I feel Adobe has really skewed the market for art software. I'm learning to draw at the moment too, and while everyone I've been learning from seems to use Photoshop, I grabbed Clip Studio Paint for about thirty quid (permanent license), and while it lacks Photoshop's more photography related features, it makes Photoshop feel antiquated when it comes to drawing tools.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:39 pm

Clip Studio Paint is a fantastic piece of software. The brush engine in it feels a bit more advanced than Photoshop to me and they're gradually adding more other tools to bring it up to the same feature set. Finally getting liquify with the last update was a very nice addition.

ProCreate is really good though to say it only cost a tenner. I don't think I'll do any full pieces on it as I've got a proper graphics monitor and Clip Studio for that but it's fantastic for just picking up and sketching on. And for drawing when away from home it'll be a god send to save on carrying pens/sketchbooks.

Very intuitive UI and easy to get to grips with.
Spoiler
First little sketch just playing with the different brushes.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:14 pm

Nice!

Maybe it’s just that I’ve barely used anything since Paintshop Pro 5 but pro create blew me away when I was mucking about with it ;)