And that's me unsubscribed from Mack

Steam, Deals & More.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: And that's me unsubscribed from Mack

Post by Mantis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Solitaire wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm
There's no "I'm better than you" in my writing. We should treat each other with at least a modicum of respect, unless it isn't deserved, as well as ourselves. Most everybody enjoys sex. Having ten dozen partners? That's a bit over the top, yeah sorry not into girls like that.

SJW is a pejorative, by definition. It denotes a certain type of wacko, militant, short-sighted stereotype. It is not denigrating those that truly want 'social justice' and the end to inequality across cultures.

As for your shithead speech on consent - you obviously don't know me very well, Strudel, and we'll leave that part alone. You've made up some story in your head about what I said, extrapolating to somewhere that I never went. I'm speaking of girls who regret it in the morning, after having said YES all fucking night long, then getting the guy tossed in jail after. In the "he said, she said" scenario, the guy will always loose. How's that for equality?

Now fuck off.
Keep it civil please.

Regardless of what you meant, you didn't explain clearly at all that was the kind of situation you were describing. I very much doubt that anyone on here would disagree with you that those kinds of scenarios are a good thing or fair to men, but they're definitely a minority occurrence and it wasn't clear at all from the few words you initially dedicated to it. There's a well known case in this country of a guy actually being convicted for something similar and then eventually it was overruled because the police found evidence on his phone way after conviction that she had in fact been lying about everything; it sucks big time and it can happen, and the police got royally dropped in the shit for not checking all the evidence before submitting the case for prosecution.

But when you're posting within the context of being on a night out scenario where you're afraid that any woman you approach is going to lure you into bed and then get you thrown into jail the following day, frankly I think you're being slightly paranoid and winding yourself up.

There is an extreme side to the 'SJW' culture that people refer to and so aggressively oppose, but the sensible core idea behind it away from the fringes is simply what you said yourself Soli, treat people with respect and respect their boundaries. It isn't about making men afraid of chatting women up in bars or clubs, or about stopping men from being 'men' anymore.

So everyone just chill out. I'll let people argue with each other until they're blue in the face on here, but don't resort to just insulting or swearing at each other please, it kills the vibe.

Can't think of one

Re: And that's me unsubscribed from Mack

Post by Can't think of one » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 pm

I started watching some of Mack's video a couple of months ago and pretty sure I discovered his channel here since a lot of Mack's videos get posted here. Some of his angry rants on video games can be hilarious at times but sometimes I don't understand him, for example, he reviewed a slightly older third-person shooter (Can't remember the game) and was ranting that it was a third person shooter and that he hates third person shooters...So why play them? I didn't understand his Doom review either...He wanted the game to be more like half life :?