General Gaming News

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: General Gaming News

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:38 am

Sounds like it has been dished up before it finished cooking...

Shame, I had hoped this would be a good one. I have only watched the first film, and only once, but thought it would make a good game transition. If it is just Far Cry by the numbers then it will be a sale acquisition at best.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:44 pm

That's just it though, personally I'm looking for not just the next Far Cry which this undeniably is in part, but the next Far Cry Primal and this looks far more about the actual hunting/taming/gathering/concocting and trap setting than it does the traditional just constant run and gun approach. I'm very much about that experience even if it doesn't actually make up the mainstay of the game I would attempt to stick to it as much as feasibly possible - there's not really been anything quite like Primal since it first released in a more mainstream sense. I quite like the notion of being a super agile 10ft tall blue hunter, and the movement looks super slick. I'd really like to find something that's comparable.

If you enjoyed Far Cry Primal, I can see many enjoying the hell out of this if they can run it that is as it's said to be extremely demanding.

edit:

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:41 pm

I did enjoy Primal, it was a brave departure from the usual guns'n'goons Far Cry experience. I am interested to play this, I have been waiting on seeing the reviews drop as I felt it could be something special, but it sounds like I would have to hunt out enjoyment from it.

For me, RDR2 is the marker by which all open worlds shall be judged, as I have spent so much time in its wilderness. What some find irritating in its attention to detail I love. I wonder though if this game could realistically hold a candle to it.

I don't dislike FC games, indeed I have all of them I think, and have gleaned enjoyment from them all (apart from the entry in the series that shall not be named ¬_¬). I am just not prepared to drop much money on a reskin.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 am

https://www.gamesradar.com/after-years- ... -i-refund/
Who would have guessed?!
The Day Before was recently Steam's most wishlisted game, but on the day of its long-awaited and oft-delayed Early Access launch, it's marred by an 'Overwhelmingly Negative' Steam rating and countless reviews citing poor performance and missing features.

In hindsight, "missing features" might be an understatement. A good share of reviews appear to be from players surprised to find that they don't consider The Day Before an open-world MMO at all, even though it's advertised as just that.

In addition to more detailed reviews breaking down specific issues with the game - "terrible combat," "frequent crashes," "no reason to even progress"

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:58 am

Haha, yeah. I've watched a few YTers 'playing' it, including Angry Joe, and it's hilariously bad.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:04 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:24 pm

Thievery. That's all it ever was. Precisely what most of us knew it would be - who the fuck cares that it lost 80% of its player base in just four days these scumbags are now sat back very comfortably counting their minimal effort lie rather than try style winnings - a job well done and when I say job I actually mean always obviously intended to be blatant daylight robbery. If the industry at large cannot prevent things such as this happening when the red flags are so damn evident then we are all truly fucked.

edit - I'm genuinely angry people can just be this stupid as to buy in. It defies all reasonable logic, what the hell man.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:47 pm

I'm guessing a vast number of players bought it out of sheer morbid curiousity before refunding

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:57 pm

I'd heard it was just an asset flip but that thread is pretty outrageous. They said they've been working on it for years but it's quite clear from the videos I've seen that all they did was drop all of those into a single project without changing or further developing anything. It was a few weeks work at most.

And funnily enough the devs have just announced that they're closing the studio down. What absolute scammers.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:57 pm

I doubt this could be any more transparent.

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-day-befor ... -shut-down

I hope Steam calls them on it and doesn't deliver any funds whatsoever.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:05 pm

https://www.fntastic.com/

Colour me surprised. ](*,)

– Abraham Lincoln

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Apparently, even before they announced the closure, 45% of copies purchased on Steam had already been refunded :lol:

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:06 pm

5 maybe 6k spent on assets, hundreds of thousand in sales. Easily 11.5 to even 12 million made.

Shameless.

Steam need to make it an example and release a statement and tbh Streamers need to take some accountability too, even some of my favourites defended it and said it was promising to tens of thousands of viewers many of who were giving blowback it was clearly a scam.

Sorry for all of the edits, the forum typing window has been freezing randomly while attempting to post.
Last edited by Lenny Solidus on Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:40 pm

They get away with it and we can expect a train of these shithead scams...

– Abraham Lincoln

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:34 pm

https://www.pcgamer.com/timesplitters-s ... -industry/
In the wake of widespread criticism and reports of a potential scam, Steam has begun offering refunds for the controversial early access title “The Day Before.” If you purchased the game and are dissatisfied with your experience, you are now eligible to request a full refund, regardless of any previous 2-hour playtime limitations.

Many players have reported that Steam successfully processed their refund. The platform is even accepting refund requests from users who have played the game for more than 30 hours.
https://takeown.com/steam-refunds-the-day-before/