Google Stadia

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Re: Google Stadia

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 am

The way I see it it's not even down to incompetence, it's more a lack of enthusiasm. Google absolutely had the resources to make this work, but it's as if they decided it wasn't going to work almost immediately after they launched and so immediately shifted those resources elsewhere. It feels like Stadia was just a public-facing side project to whatever commercial applications they have for this streaming technology.

But then isn't that usually the case with Google's projects? The public are so jaded with them as a company that gamers and the industry as a whole
were hesitant to delve into Stadia even right back at the project's announcement because they never expected Google to stick with it, and here we are three years later proving us all right. It doesn't feel like the company is even interested in trying to fix that public perception. I think they're already well past the point where anyone will trust them enough to invest in these projects (on the consumer side as well commercially), so how can they expect anything they launch to be a success?

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:34 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:57 am
It was better than Sony and MS offerings but it was also inevitable.
Better how? The MS one makes infinitely more sense to me.

Stadia required developers to port their game to non-standard hardware. You had to pay for a Stadia subscription and also buy the games.

Microsoft put Xbox hardware into datacentres, meaning all games were compatible, and sold it as a monthly fee with all the games included.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Drarok wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:34 pm
Alan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:57 am
It was better than Sony and MS offerings but it was also inevitable.
Better how? The MS one makes infinitely more sense to me.

Stadia required developers to port their game to non-standard hardware. You had to pay for a Stadia subscription and also buy the games.

Microsoft put Xbox hardware into datacentres, meaning all games were compatible, and sold it as a monthly fee with all the games included.
I’m just talking about the experience of playing. With MS and Sony I just can’t play FPS on either, I could on Stadia.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Stadia progress in RDR2 will now be able to be transferred:

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn