Bloodstained

Steam, Deals & More.
Alan

Bloodstained

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Don’t pay £35 for this

It’s fine, it does the job of being Symphony Of The Night made to look cheap but for this price you could buy Timespinner, Guacamelee 2 AND Dead Cells which are all better made imho.

It’s quite ugly, the writing is bad in a boring way and something about the movement feels off
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Mantis
Landlord

Re: Bloodstained

Post by Mantis » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 pm

I was wondering what exactly justified the high price considering you can get so many better looking Castlevania style games for much less. The character models in this look so amateurish, like a PS Vita launch title or something.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I don’t mind the character models but how they fit into the background just doesn’t sit right, it’s like they are on the world not in it.

There’s a section outside in heavy rain near the start and it’s the most ugly thing I’ve seen in a game in a long long time.

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Bah, I thought it was getting good praise so was interested in it but when it's on sale later on. £35 for this type of game is way too much imo. Might check out Timespinner instead though.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 am

I've been watching a bit of footage and I'm quite surprised at how budget it looked. As you say eVol the character art is pretty good but everything around the UI and the backgrounds/levels screams of cheap asset store stuff.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:29 am

So after initially hating it I actually ended up enjoying it for the most part. I still dont think its worth £35. A lot of the bosses arent great, a whole lot of the spells are worthless and there are some bad progression humps where its not exactly clear how to progress. That aside I still played it a good 8-10 hours to completion and once you get spells and equipment that suit your playstyle its fun. There are better though.... for cheaper....

For me Guacamelee 2 is still the best vania of the generation, possibly ever because of how the powers all become required for both transversal and combat. In most Vanias youre really just hitting square till everything dies but G2 requires you to use everything and I love it to bits!