Old PC games found again

Steam, Deals & More.
Animalmother
Local

Old PC games found again

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:51 pm

I didn't know where to put this so made up a new thread. Am down home in my parents house for weekend and they are clearing stuff out (aka we hired a skip so better fill the bastard!!!)

They dug out a box full of my old PC games. Dear lord the memories..

Original copies of BF 1942, Medal of Honour and StarCraft. C&C Red Alert 2, Black Hawk Down and Clive Barker's Undying. All in pristine condition with the huge paper manuals and keyboard overlays. Tons of budget copies like Deus Ex, Hitman and GTA 2.

And a fuck ton of old PC Gamer demo disc's...

I'm not offering to give these away or anything like that. It's just a fond farewell to my misspent youth of sitting in front of a PC, curtains closed to keep out the pesky sunlight and mowing down waves of aliens, Nazis and commies. Most are for the skip bar the few I can hide or convince my mate to take.

Nostalgic sigh :cry:

The Jackal

Re: Old PC games found again

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:55 pm

I carried out a major purge of my entire PC collection a few years back, keeping the absolute belters and collectable stuff. I think I made about twenty quid...
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:51 pm
Most are for the skip
Most are for the what now?! Heartbreaking. :cry:

How about some pictures before they go? That goes for everyone's old PC games by the way. Get the photies out!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Do pics have to come from a site like Imgur or can they be uploaded directly from a phone?

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Unfortunately I think they have to come from an external site like imgur like you say. Unless Mantis comes along and tells us otherwise. :)

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:20 am

I still have all my LucasArts games, purchased in the mid-to-late 90s, in a small box, which I think is in the attic. I ditched the original massive card boxes, and just kept the manuals and discs. I have all of them on GOG now, but the original copies were a fundamental part of my teenage (i.e. delayed childhood) years, so I never attempted to sell them.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels