CD Projekt RED confirms that its next triple-A title will be a game set in The Witcher universe

Steam, Deals & More.
Hatredsheart

CD Projekt RED confirms that its next triple-A title will be a game set in The Witcher universe

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 am

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-proje ... ore-136306
“We have two worlds and within these worlds we want to create games. Therefore all our upcoming games, so far, are either “Witcher” or “Cyberpunk”.”
:D
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: CD Projekt RED confirms that its next triple-A title will be a game set in The Witcher universe

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:59 am

I'm not sure how I'd feel about playing a Witcher game not as Geralt (which they seemed to confirm after W3 came out).

Wrathbone
Local

Re: CD Projekt RED confirms that its next triple-A title will be a game set in The Witcher universe

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:08 am

I know what you mean. I'd definitely be interested in a game where you play as Ciri, for instance, but Geralt is such a strong protagonist that I don't know if I could stop myself from constantly drawing comparisons. I guess they could do an 'early years' Geralt game, not directly connected to any existing stories. Or maybe something completely different. I'm willing to hear them out. :)

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:26 pm

I'd be happy with a standalone Ciri game or maybe one playing as Vernon Roche.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:59 pm

A spy thriller-style game as Roche could be amazing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Is that not the horses name? Sorry I know next to nothing about Witcher stuff.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm
Is that not the horses name? Sorry I know next to nothing about Witcher stuff.
Roach the horse, Vernon Roche is the leader of Temeria's secret service, and in W3 he's leading their guerilla force on the outskirts of Novigrad.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:52 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:26 pm
I'd be happy with a standalone Ciri game or maybe one playing as Vernon Roche.
While I loved the interplay between Geralt and Ciri in W3 tbh I don't find her interesting to play, and canonically she's OP so not sure how they'd get round that.

Roche, I'm not sure about either. Again, good supporting character, not sure about the potential to be a lead.

What they actually said was W3 was the end of Geralt's story (without checking to confirm), I wonder whether they'd do a prequel game covering the first war with Nilfgaard or something like that, and cover more of what was in the books.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:00 pm

They only said it would be set in the same world, not that it would follow any of the characters in particular. I'd be absolutely fine with being able to create my own character and follow whatever stories and plot they create completely apart from what's come before. The world has plenty of potential without needing to be linked to the previous stories.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Strudel wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:00 pm
They only said it would be set in the same world, not that it would follow any of the characters in particular. I'd be absolutely fine with being able to create my own character and follow whatever stories and plot they create completely apart from what's come before. The world has plenty of potential without needing to be linked to the previous stories.
I hadn't considered the possibility of making your own character, but you're right. Of the available options that's probably my favourite, actually.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:17 pm

There's definitely scope for the character to be chosen from several "factions":

Witcher. Nuf Sed.
Soldier of Nilfgaard/Redania - classic melee fighter class
Sorceress of The Lodge - Mage-like

Given how each would be responded to by different people in the game, there could be a lot of gameplay in just those.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:56 am

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 pm

A ray traced Velen Swamp would look pretty amazing and also probably require a beefy PC to run. :)