Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Console Country!
Mantis
Landlord

Re: Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Post by Mantis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 pm

It's worth pointing out that PS5 owners who have PS Plus also get access to their new catalogue of Plus classics which include quite a lot of big hitter PS4 games, so even if you subscribe on a month where the rotational offering is pretty poor you will always have the added back catalogue of free titles to delve into. There are some very good ones on that list from what I recall.

You can usually get PS Plus keys for slightly cheaper off various online retailers rather than buying the sub directly from Sony. They only usually do discounts on their own store for it during big events like Black Fridays. I think I picked up 2 years worth for about 50% off a couple of years ago and it only recently came up for renewal.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Cheapest way is to wait for a Sony sale on plus then pay for it with top ups from cdkeys. I think it works out not much more than Β£30 for the year.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:50 pm

To be fair, if I'm getting a few games every month to keep for the price of an annual sub, I don't think it's a bad deal, especially given how much a console game costs compared to Steam...

I'm in an unusual situation in that while not living in the UK I wanted a UK account. Last time I used PS Now on PC with a European account some of the games didn't have the native english language, which majorly pissed me off... ](*,) so I'm already paying a premium on exchange rates if I use this.

If I grab it, I'll probably grab it at price this year and then see for next year, if it works out. I did see that there's often deals but I want to confirm all the region stuff before I start spending money on the PS store.
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:15 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil
"People's whole lives do pass before their eyes before they die. This process is called 'living' ".

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Ps5 update today. Few different things going on but most importantly:

THE TROPHIES ARE STACKED VERTICALLY!

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 pm

I would like an update to their production line that actually provides enough stock to allow me to buy one.