Re: The Last of Us Part 2 [PS4] - June 19th

Post by Animalmother » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:44 pm

That bit was mental :D
Spoiler
The game basically turns in Residential Evil, except better

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Haha. Just rolled the credits (fortnight off work so having a lazy day/gaming marathon).

Mate you were totally right when you said I hadn't seen anything yet. I'm a bit emosh.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:18 pm

It's rare when you have a game that you say to yourself multiple times "Please just let this be the ending...", not because your sick of it but the characters are actually happy.
Spoiler
Coming back to that empty house was soul crushing

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Spoiler
I couldn't agree more. I need a sequel to see the ultimate fate of both Abby and Ellie. I can't leave it there.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:31 am

Finally got round to finishing it mostly because I let the moaning internet dull my enthusiasm for it and as such I bought it well over a month before I started it. I thought it was superb. I dont think it was too long as seems to be a common complaint since I do love the stealth, the combat and just exploring. I feel that they could have come up with a better idea than six thousand squeaky doors and I think there were a touch too many flashback sequences but I was never hoping it would end.

I dont think it was as good as the first as a package since I think the first is about as good a games story has been right up to the ending. This one over all was great but there was a lot of heavy handed stuff in there. There was also too many chance encounters like Jess showing up which was lame. Also Lev's dialogue was too way modernish for his character.

So yeah great game, cant think of any game that comes close to the cinematic quality. Naughty Dog are just phenomenally good at this stuff. I dont want another one unless they are going to a completely stand alone story in the world.

This should also be the gold standard for console accessibility options.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Naughty Dog are leagues ahead of most developers when it comes to atmosphere and story telling, it's just a shame that most of their best games are exclusive to one console.

Have you played Uncharted 3 and 4 Alan? Same level of production but with a lighter tone.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Yep, kind of burned out on them. 4 was a fantastic showcase but thats one I did want to end sooner than it did. Uncharted Lost Legacy is fantastic though and if you havent tried that and also havent tried PSNow then I recommend using the PSNow trial to play it for free :D I think its probably the best Uncharted.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.