CrossCode

Console Country!
Asherons

CrossCode

Post by Asherons » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am

Raid wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm
CrossCode looks quite promising.

you had mentioned this in a giant thread but was only other metione of the game.

i downloaded a bunch of junk games on xbox gamepass and this thing turns out to be pretty amazing

I highly recommend it, guess it just came out on console pretty recently, its very well done.

I used to love playing Wizard of Legend but wished there was more to the game world than just doing the dungeons over and over. this is basically what I was looking for as far as combat goes

Asherons

Re: CrossCode

Post by Asherons » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 am

Asherons wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am
Raid wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm
CrossCode looks quite promising.

you had mentioned this in a giant thread but was only other metione of the game.

i downloaded a bunch of junk games on xbox gamepass and this thing turns out to be pretty amazing

I highly recommend it, guess it just came out on console pretty recently, its very well done.

I used to love playing Wizard of Legend but wished there was more to the game world than just doing the dungeons over and over. this is basically what I was looking for as far as combat goes
ive also been enjoying the characters and storyline, im probably 15-20 hours into the game ,level 27 or so. its just fun to play

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 am

there is a lot to the game as well, i love the art style, there is a large skill tree you get to develop. love the art style as well personally. its great

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:22 am

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:04 am

Although it was me you initially replied to, I had to look it up as I had no memory of this :lol:

I've got it downloading on Gamepass, I may take a look at this evening. The user reviews certainly seemed very positive.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:04 am
Although it was me you initially replied to, I had to look it up as I had no memory of this :lol:

I've got it downloading on Gamepass, I may take a look at this evening. The user reviews certainly seemed very positive.
hah yea I went and looked again and you had just said the 1 line and it was from jan 2019, thought it was from this year. was in the nintendo switch thread.

Just logged off last night at the next dungeon, gonna go give it a whirl after breakfast.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm

I've played the first hour or so and, yeah, this is pretty good so far. It's an interesting setting that I don't fully understand yet, but it's entertainingly meta, and there's clearly a lot of scope for creativity. I went back and watched that trailer from the Switch thread, and it looks like there's going to be a fair bit of depth to the combat as the game progresses. The soundtrack is great too, they've done a fantastic job emulating the sound of the SNES.

Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: Went back after dinner to carry on, and blimey, this looks like a massive game.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:46 pm

yeah i have heard the game is around 50 hours and some people make it around 80 hours

i dont trust my game save time as i leave it on a lot but it has logged at 29 hours, id say it is off by 5-10.

i am also taking my time exploring, completing the botanical research quests and doing every quest before moving on to the next area

and by exploring i am referring to trying to figure out all the paths to get to different places for the jumping around to different platforms

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm still playing this, and on what i believe is the last dungeon of the game to earn my 4th and final element.

I am not playing it nightly like i was in the begining but i still see this as one of the few games i am actually going to complete instead of losing interest in too soon

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm

I put it down for a while so I could finish some other stuff, but I do intend to go back to it. I'm practically still in the tutorial; I don't have any elements yet and I think I'd just reached the second town area (after fully completing all of the quests in the previous one).