Who is going to bite the bullet and get a next gen console?

Console Country!
Rossell

Re: Who is going to bite the bullet and get a next gen console?

Post by Rossell » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Said I wasn't going to do it but I did.

Was in the right place at the right time on amazon a moment ago with the PS5. Arriving Saturday.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Yep, I've done the same - somehow managed to nab one on Amazon after casually refreshing on my phone while making a brew. Very lucky considering it was a wild stab in the dark.

I don't have a case for an Xbox at the moment as I've got a decent gaming PC, but the PS exclusives and Dualsense controller swayed me on getting a PS5. I've got Demon's Souls, which is probably a huge mistake given how crap I am at Dark Souls. It looks so good though!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Lol yeah I swiped mine too. The main page said unavailable but the playstation store had an add to basket button. Went for it and could not believe it.

I don't have a 4k TV for it but I'll do that in the new year.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Dispatched and arriving today not tomorrow... Argh the anticipation!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Installing Demon’s Souls right now.

Tried a bit of Astrobot - the controller and its haptic feedback are superb. This could be the first PS controller I’d pick over an Xbox pad.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Doing the data transfer with the ps4 at the moment. Had a scare earlier because someone at an amazon warehouse has been nicking ps5s out of boxes and replacing them with cat food.

I stopped my delivery driver so I could open it up before he went away I had proper verbal diarrhoea.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 pm

The data transfer is quite buggy especially wirelessly don't know if that's down to me. A lan cable has sorted that even though gta 5 refuses to go so downloading that again.

Everything else is cool although I can see the hdd size annoying me so will buy an add on when sony certify them. The controller is utterly magnificent.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm

There are a lot of bugs at the moment around the data transfer. Issues with downloading games too, and certain problems with rest mode that has bricked some consoles.

I usually wait a year after launch before jumping onto a new generation, glad I'm avoiding all of this as it'd do my head in having to troubleshoot stuff on a brand new device.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 pm

Aside from the data transfer I've had no problems as of yet. That's all going swimmingly now. A few firmware updates and I think this should be on the straight and narrow. The hardware is sweet as a nut.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 pm

I’ve had a couple of minor blips - the Dualsense firmware update wouldn’t go through because of a DNS issue (seems fine at my end) and I can’t see how to try it again; also got stuck on the splashscreen for Demon’s Souls, but a restart fixed that.

I am so shit at DS. :lol: I can feel improvement, though, and I’m enjoying it far more than I ever did with Dark Souls.

I’m tempted to grab WRC 9 on sale at £25 as it’s meant to make excellent use of the new haptic features. Not played a rally game for a long time.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Interesting that you're enjoying DS more, because it's a far more brutal game from what I recall of it.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 pm

It feels like a more forgiving learning curve, but I’ve not faced a boss yet.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:08 am

Rossell wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 pm
Said I wasn't going to do it but I did.

Was in the right place at the right time on amazon a moment ago with the PS5. Arriving Saturday.
you lucky mofo

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:08 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm
Yep, I've done the same - somehow managed to nab one on Amazon after casually refreshing on my phone while making a brew. Very lucky considering it was a wild stab in the dark.

I don't have a case for an Xbox at the moment as I've got a decent gaming PC, but the PS exclusives and Dualsense controller swayed me on getting a PS5. I've got Demon's Souls, which is probably a huge mistake given how crap I am at Dark Souls. It looks so good though!
same goes to you

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 am

my birthday was the 12th so i thought it was a sign from God i would be able to buy one on relase day. apparently i'm not that special