Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Console Country!
Alan

Re: Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Post by Alan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:01 am

Thought I might pick up those back buttons but it seems like they didn’t make many because they’re going for 90 quid on eBay #-o
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Erica is supposed to be really good. It's an FMV adventure though and I'm not really with those.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Remember Bugsnax from the PS5 announcement? Remember the really cool theme tune? Here it is!

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm

State of Play coming this Thursday, no new PS5 info. Sony also announced that PS4 controllers wont work on PS5 consoles because:
PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.
Which is code for, we want you to buy more controllers. Crappy decision but going off their previous stances probably not a surprise. PS4 controller will work with supported PS4 titles.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:40 pm

In fairness, how often has one console's controllers worked with the successor? The Series X and Wii U supported their predecessor's controllers, but nothing else comes to mind. The Wii had ports for Gamecube controllers, but they were only used for backwards compatibility.

Microsoft deserve praise for retaining compatibility, but it's hardly surprising that Sony aren't doing the same thing.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:04 pm

PS3 arrogance is back.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 pm

You say that, but Sony have literally never supported past gen controllers with their newer consoles. Even when they were humbled with the PS3 era and came back with the PS4, the pads didn't work.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:01 am

They do work though. They are just specifically software barred from working with PS5 games because they don’t have trigger tension and haptics. Sure you’d miss out on some feedback but for the majority of games it wouldn’t matter especially most couch multiplayer games. I’ll be quite interested to see if some games lift that bar themself much like the PS3 fightstick drivers. It doesn’t really affect me because I got shot of my extra DS4s when CeX were giving daft money for them recently but still sucks.

At least PS4 fightsticks are supported, that’s more important to me. ;) Flight stick and wheels too.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 pm

Fall Guys is worth it on ps plus.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:58 pm

State of Play had a lot of really good looking stuff on. I think the vast majority of it is coming out on PS4 though, so no killer PS5 announcements yet for me.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Still no price for PS5 I'll take it?

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:56 am

I thought Hood looked interesting but other than that it was a bunch of stuff that is either already out on PC or coming to PC. Goodfall is managing the unenviable feat of looking worse the more they show of it.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:17 am

Apologies for the total aside, but I didn't feel this deserved its own thread…

How great is remote play?! I rarely have time for gaming, and when I do the wife is usually watching TV so I can't play my console games, or so I thought! Plugged a controller into my PC, downloaded the free app and now I'm streaming the console screen upstairs. The resolution settings go up to 1080, but it doesn't look like my PS4 Slim supports that, despite looking like the right model number, and the quality is a bit lacking given the > 100 MBps link between the two, but it's perfectly playable.

Played Spider-Man for a good few hours last night, longest I've managed to put into it since buying it a few months ago!
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:47 am

I've never actually had the need to try it. I tested it with my Vita once and found that big games requiring all the dual shock controls didn't translate over very well but can imagine how it would be fine if using the PC app.