Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Console Country!
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Raid wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:26 pm
Blind brand loyalty is the only thing Microsoft have to sell their new machine. It's not hugely different with Sony, though I think they've made a better case. Either way I largely agree with those opinions.
I disagree with that sentiment, the lower priced Xbox coupled with Game Pass is a good sell to the price conscious gamer. Ultimately though if next generation means new games and experiences that you can't get anywhere else then objectively both have failed to provide that.

Brand loyal fans will buy regardless, hence why the PS5 has sold out and the Xbox will next week.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Sorry, I should have worded that better; I meant upgrade from a current gen machine. There is barely any reason at all for me to get a Series X or S given that I already own an XBox One X. The loading times and instant resume for multiple titles would be a nice upgrade, but nowhere near enough to justify even the lower end console.

I'm not sure how much to put in the talk of pre-orders selling out. Given how little stock nVidia have had of their new GPU lineup (I've seen plenty of second hand reports of retailers not receiving anywhere near as much as they expected; Amazon seemingly refused to stock them at all because of low numbers) I reckon the production of these things will have been limited because of everything that's happened this year, or perhaps the companies just aren't expecting them to sell as well as they would have done if public spending power hadn't been reduced.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 pm

They always said production would be limited because of covid. I don’t believe MS have said that though so numbers could be interesting.

Proper 3D audio as a standard and instaloads I’d put well above graphics on my wish list but this gen still seems a year too early, at the very least.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:24 pm

In the last several days I changed the set up in my study. I now have the PS4 connected to my monitor. I hardly use my PS4 so it was an opportunity to play more PS4 games. At the same time my internet speeds crashed and were all over the place. One minute it was 30mbps than it was 1mbps. After 3 days of investigating and getting a new router from Sky, it did not solve the issue, I figured it out.

When my PS4 is switched on - it crashes my LAN and internet signal. Even when connected via a LAN cable. I checked online and I am not only one to experience this weird phenomena. Go figure....seems Sony went cheap and installed a really crappy wireless card.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:42 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... ne-updates

Sorta sounds like Sony are trying to respond to the glowing comments I've seen regarding the Series X' near silent operation even under load. I'm glad they're at least paying lip service to operating volume; my PS4 slim isn't the loudest games console I've owned (that was probably the original model 360), but compared to my One X it's a leaf blower.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 pm

They need to fix this quick sharp.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Arf. Imagine selling a disc less console that your users couldn't download games to.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:40 am

Firmware update is out apparently with a fix for the above. Phew.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

The problem with having a ps5 and wanting to indulge in black Friday for ps4 games is having to check if a ps5 port is incoming, and if it is having to check the status of trophies and save games. No man's sky for example updated to the PS5 edition but the save game didn't go over and it started a new trophy list.

I wanted Control for example but that just looks confusing so I'll wait for the PS5 edition to launch and come down in price.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 am

I think Control the enhanced edition is going pretty cheap on all platforms at the moment so you should be safe enough to get it.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Left the conversation on Control and the Ultimate Edition is free on ps plus along with concrete genie and destruction all stars. Last one is an unknown quantity but generally a great month.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:37 pm

I think my PS4 may be on the way out. :(

How do I go about getting one of these PS5s I've been hearing so much about then?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:43 pm

A friend experienced in wicca and one of these:
https://geecr.com/product/big-f5-refresh-key

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 pm

:lol:

I'll check Amazon and the like when I can, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it that's for sure. Who knows I may get lucky.