Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Console Country!
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Now X enhanced and coming to game pass on September 1st...

Mantis
Landlord

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:26 pm

"Boss, looks like we still haven't got any notable exclusives coming out this year!"
"Shit... well.. sell Halo 1, 2 and 3 again!"

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm

In fairness, the Game Pass thing seems to be the only decent part about owning an XBox One these days. More stuff being added to it is only a good thing.

Did they ever actually fix the Master Chief Collection? I seem to recall reading an article on the first anniversary of its release saying that the multiplayer still didn't work correctly.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:47 pm

I think they fixed the connectivity issues with it but the player count never actually recovered.

This might give it a shot in the arm though, given that a lot of people are going to have access to it as part of their subscription.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Interesting little gem from Martin O'Donnell's archives. The recording session of Steve Vai playing improv guitar for the Halo 2 pieces he was involved in.

Being massively into Halo 2 back in the day and a big guitar player makes this just pure gold for me. I'm not a massive Vai fan, but it's always kind of mesmerizing just watching him shred away. Impressive that the intro theme they ended up using was literally a 30 second improv that he did right away.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am

So it turns out the recent patch for this is 70GB. Seventy!

I fired up the old Xbox for a rare game last night only to be hit with that bad boy. Thankfully you can boot the game a little into the update and select the bits you want to download now. Which helps reduce the download size, but still, crikey.

Since I got the Xbox it seems that I spend more time updating it than playing it. :?