Vita haxorz

Console Country!
Alan

Vita haxorz

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:58 pm

You can now hack all fw of vita, it’s called H-encore and I’ve not looked into how easy it is or anything but for those of you that were interested there you go! :)

I might just hack my primary one now, need to look into the risk of a ban even though I wouldn’t be pirating any official vita software. I’m sure there’s virtually no risk, I just get a little para ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Abs_McBain

Re: Vita haxorz

Post by Abs_McBain » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Sony released a 3.69 (niiice) update on the 10th this month and it patches out the exploit. The fella who made the exploit ain't gonna update the current exploit, so don't update your PS Vita!

I just put the exploit on my Vita, and it was painfully easy. Kinda wondering why I didn't do so earlier now.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:54 pm

What does the exploit even do that really makes it worthwhile? Can it run ROMs of PS1 games and other handhelds?

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:03 pm

After compiling the exploit I grabbed VitaShell and Henkaku (the exploit goes to a option screen asking you to download and install them). VitaShell acts as a file manager and can turn the Vita into a mass storage device, along with installing any homebrew. Heres a site with a bunch of homebrew.

There's also a PSP emulator for the Vita too, called Adrenaline. I mainly wanted the exploit for that, as it's possibly the only way to play some old PSP games delisted off the PS Store and fan translated\hacked PS1 games on the Vita.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Ha. Don't mind me, i'm just gonna bump a two year old thread back to the top.

So does anyone want to try GTA III on their PS Vita? I'm guessing not, but a group thought it would be best to port the PC version over to it.
linky
tutorial