Console Country!
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Marvel's Spider-Man [PS4] - September 7th

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Pew-Pew

Re: Marvel's Spider-Man [PS4] - September 7th

Post by Pew-Pew » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Fuck, think I'll just buy this if I can get it somewhere cheap.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 am

Pew-Pew wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Fuck, think I'll just buy this if I can get it somewhere cheap.
Was thinking the same, but I haven't seen it anywhere near a price I would consider. I find it difficult to spend £40 on a game let alone £50.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 am

I've heard that it's something of an Ubisoft-style open world, with lots of repetitive tasks and a relatively sparse story, which has put me off somewhat. It's one I might pick up when it gets a little cheaper.

[ NG ]

Post by [ NG ] » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:41 pm

So I've finished the game over a week ago and let it digest before posting my opinion of the game.

First thing is that the web slinging around the city is very well executed & this is without one of the skill perks that let you traverse/double zip line across without losing momentum. The story is very good, but at one point when I probably got to 80% game complete I took a week break from the game, likely because I was doing a fair amount of the repetitive side missions to level up & acquire skill points to unlock various outfits and skills & the story felt like it wasn't progress much at that point. There are a handful of stealth creeping around missions that may slightly frustrate you, not because of the difficulty but just the frequency of these missions popping up.

The game is good & I do highly recommend it, maybe get the complete edition when or if it comes out with the 3 DLCs or the standard edition when it's cheaper, though once I had finished the game I didn't have much interest in going back to it, unless you're an achievement hunter/completionist.

This game may appeal to those that played & liked Prototype (Snowy & Prey).